October 06, 2024, 12:14:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I did it for the Lawlz

Started by NOA_Haunted, January 05, 2009, 09:10:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I bout a Genesis!

I also bought an extra controller
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic 3d blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Power Rangers
Indiana Jones Game

Now give me some other great Genesis titles!

StarPilot

Vectorman is a solid side-scrolling shooter you might want to look into. Good variety of weapons and temporary transformations. Also, the main boss of the game has a nuclear warhead for a head.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Vegeta on January 05, 2009, 09:10:58 AM
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic 3d blast
Sonic and Knuckles

I have all of those games on the gamecube on the Sonic Mega Collection for $10.

Genesis is pretty meh compared to the SNES. doodella;

StarPilot

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 05, 2009, 10:20:39 AM
I have all of those games on the gamecube on the Sonic Mega Collection for $10.

You can't emulate the controller that the games originally used though.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: StarPilot on January 05, 2009, 10:16:38 AM
Vectorman is a solid side-scrolling shooter you might want to look into. Good variety of weapons and temporary transformations. Also, the main boss of the game has a nuclear warhead for a head.
But it's aged pretty terribly.

I recommend getting Thunder Force III and Lightening Force if you want to try some really good shmups, Dynamite Headdy for a beautiful but ball-breakingly hard platformer, Streets of Rage 2 for one of the few great beat'em ups, Phantasy Star IV for a great RPG, and Castlevania Bloodlines for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other great games, but these are some of the best exclusives to start with. Aside from Phantasy Star IV, these are all below $10 so you can quickly start up a great collection.

and if you really love any of those games, i can give you plenty more recommendations
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 05, 2009, 10:20:39 AM
|:

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Lawlz on January 05, 2009, 10:52:00 AM
But it's aged pretty terribly.

I recommend getting Thunder Force III and Lightening Force if you want to try some really good shmups, Dynamite Headdy for a beautiful but ball-breakingly hard platformer, Streets of Rage 2 for one of the few great beat'em ups, Phantasy Star IV for a great RPG, and Castlevania Bloodlines for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of other great games, but these are some of the best exclusives to start with. Aside from Phantasy Star IV, these are all below $10 so you can quickly start up a great collection.

and if you really love any of those games, i can give you plenty more recommendations|:
I'll have to write some of these down, and see if the game store has them.

NOA_Haunted

Lawlz, do you know of any good RPG's for the Genesis?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Vegeta on January 05, 2009, 06:30:54 PM

Shining Force is completely mediocre if you ask me but you might want to look into it anyway, since everyone else seems to rave over it, although I think they're only doing that because there's like no RPGs for the damn thing.

But uh, aside from Vectorman that someone already recommended, you should look into the side-scrolling beat-em-ups that were awesome on the Genesis. Comix Zone and especially the Streets of Rage games. There's also quite a good list of shmups if you're into that. Oh and of course the Ecco games if you want decent yet extremely fucking difficult games.

But yeah, that's only the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't say that the Genesis has tons of flawless games the way the SNES does, but it still at least has tons of good games. Lots of nifty little pick-up-and-play quickies that make it a great arcade-ish system.

ncba93ivyase

January 06, 2009, 04:05:18 AM #8 Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:12:03 AM by Lawlz
Quote from: Vegeta on January 05, 2009, 06:30:54 PM
The Genesis has everything but RPGs, so don't expect to find dozens of them like you would on the SNES.

However, as I said earlier, Phantasy Star IV is really good. The overworld graphics are heavily outdated but battles are a lot of fun. Phantasy Star II is also supposed to be rally good, but I haven't played it yet.

If you want some more action-y RPGs, Wonder Boy in Monster World is fantastic. It's more of a Zelda II styled game, except  without that overworld map and with upgradable weapons an stuff. I'd give it at least an A-.

If you consider the regular overhead Zeldas RPGs, Crusader of Centy is supposedly just like those and really good.

Other Genesis RPGs that I haven't played but are supposed to be good are Light Crusader and Landstalker.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Kaz on January 05, 2009, 08:27:12 PM
Shining Force is completely mediocre if you ask me but you might want to look into it anyway, since everyone else seems to rave over it, although I think they're only doing that because there's like no RPGs for the damn thing.

But uh, aside from Vectorman that someone already recommended, you should look into the side-scrolling beat-em-ups that were awesome on the Genesis. Comix Zone and especially the Streets of Rage games. There's also quite a good list of shmups if you're into that. Oh and of course the Ecco games if you want decent yet extremely fucking difficult games.

But yeah, that's only the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't say that the Genesis has tons of flawless games the way the SNES does, but it still at least has tons of good games. Lots of nifty little pick-up-and-play quickies that make it a great arcade-ish system.
I have this console I bought from the same game store it plays NES and SNES games. Kaz can you recommend some SNES games?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Vegeta on January 06, 2009, 11:59:46 AM
I have this console I bought from the same game store it plays NES and SNES games. Kaz can you recommend some SNES games?
why not ask me

i have more games than he does goonish

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Lawlz on January 06, 2009, 12:51:15 PM
why not ask me

i have more games than he does goonish
Oh I am sorry it was  asking everyone I was just speaking to Kaz.  Sorry Lawlz what games do you have in mind?

Sync

Quote from: Vegeta on January 06, 2009, 06:59:27 PM
Oh I am sorry it was  asking everyone I was just speaking to Kaz.  Sorry Lawlz what games do you have in mind?

Chrono Trigger
Super Castlevania IV (FUCK YEAH 8 DIRECTIONAL WHIP ATTACK)
Castlevania: Dracula X
Link to the Past
Gradius
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Mario Kart
Street Fighter
Killer Instinct
Those are just the ones I can remember right now.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Arpegius on January 07, 2009, 02:38:52 AM

Gradius
Gradius III on the Super Nintendo is myface;

Axelay, Super Turrican, Contra III, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Earthbound, Super Bomberman 2, Actraiser, Actraiser 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (one of the greatest 2 player games ever), Super Smash TV, and the Donkey Kong Country games are all good.

The only problem is Super Nintendo games usually cost $15+ for great games, so building up an SNES collection will cost you a lot more than a Genesis collection.

__THAT__GUY__

I also bought an extra controller - Sweet
Sonic - Sweet
Sonic 2 - Sweet!
Sonic 3 - Sweet
Sonic 3d blast - Nice
Sonic and Knuckles - Flippin' Nice
Power Rangers - Flippin' sweet!
Indiana Jones Game - Cool

Go Up