make a list of every console you own, and... (SHOCKING TWIST INSIDE)

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 02, 2009, 10:55:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Beside it, put a game that best represents what that system offered. Not necessarily your favorite game for that system, but the one that everyone should play the first time they touch that console/handheld because it overall sums up its library.

NES: Vice Project Doom. A tiny bit of shmup action and some of the best side scrolling action stages ever (similar to Ninja Gaiden, but better)

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World. Flawless 2D platforming.

N64: Banjo Tooie. Probably the best 3D platformer ever created, and definitely the best of what the N64 offered (but that's not saying a lot, judging by how terrible overall its library was)

Gamecube: Pikmin 2. The Gamecube was kind of like the Dreamcast--full of crazy, experimental games, and a good chunk of them were damn good. That's why Pikmin 2 is the best choice ;)

Wii: Warioware Smooth Moves, because this shit system is nothing but minigame collections, so may as well go for the best.

SMS: Fantasy Zone II. Pretty much Sega's most popular series before Sonic, and a damn good one at that. One of the SMS's few good games.

Genesis: Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Best platformer of all time.

Saturn: Dodonpachi, because the Saturn's library is almost entirely composed of intense shmups.

Dreamcast: Jet Grind Radio. Crazy, experimental game that's pretty good but definitely not my favorite for the DC.

TG16: Blazing Lazers. Another system with most of its good titles being shmups, but the Genesis's and Saturn's good shmups were for the most part better in every way.

PS2:  Persona 4. The system is pretty much universally known for having the greatest RPG collection of all time.

Atari 2600: Um, Adventure I guess. It's probably the most popular 2600 game that doesn't completely suck.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

me003

NES - Mega Man 2

SNES - Earthbound/ Zelda LttP

N64 - SM 64

Gamecube - Chibi - Robo

Xbox - Halo 2

Xbox 360 just got it and don't have a single good game.

my ps2 is broke.

Wii - Galaxy

DS - Elite Beat Agents

I had a little trouble picking games for each system that weren't my favorites.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Thyme

I'll go with Easy Mode: every console I've ever owned.

NES: Super Mario Bros. In retrospect, the NES had a pretty varied library, but that game's pretty much what made the NES. This was an era of games you could just pick up and play (well, you may have to blow in the cartridge a bit) and SMB was just that.

SNES: Just as varied as its predecessor, but marked the golden era of platforming. Therefore, SMW. Flawless indeed. thumbup;

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64. A good part of the best of the N64's library was composed of 3D platformers.

PS1: Wild ARMs 2. While it had some big cannons (in terms of production value) like Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX, the PS1 also had a lot of more run-of-the-mill RPGs. I loved Wild ARMs 2 but it was one of those more discreet, low-value RPGs.

Gamecube: The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. I see the Gamecube as sort of an homage to the previous generations, with Melee and its trophies, Super Mario Sunshine and its remix of the original SMB theme, Animal Crossing and its playable NES games and of course Zelda: CE.

PS2: Final Fantasy XII. A series that refuses to die for a console that refuses to die. It's also an RPG, obviously. I haven't even played it, it's just for comparison. Btw, Lawlz, I'll probably get Persona 4 eventually, if I ever see it and it's one of those lucky days I'm actually carrying money/my debit card.

I also own a PS3, but I haven't owned it long enough to be able to define it. In jest, I could just say it's hard to define a console that has no games with a game, but meh. n_u

Geno

NES: Super Mario Bros. 3. I just spent so many wonderful hours on it  bassir;

SNES: Super Mario RPG. I don't think I have to explain this one

N64: Banjo Tooie. What Lawlz said except for the library of N64 games being shit.

Gamecube: Uh... I guess SSBM? I did have like 1000 hours on that game after all. I didn't really have a favorite Gamecube game for some reason.

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy. Everything else sucks shit

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot 2. Fucking awesome platformer.

Playstation 2: Oh god so many titles... uhh... Final Fantasy X I guess. I think it was one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

Xbox 360: No idea at all I have too many favorites. I guess Gears of War
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

NES- Mario Bros duh

SNES- A Link to the Past or Donkey Kong country

N64- Mario Kart 64?

Sega Saturn- Sonic 3D I guess, only game it's somewhat known for.

Playstation- Spyro the Dragon? I only really use it for RPGs so...

Gamecube- Super Smash Bros Melee

Org. Xbawx- Halo

Xbox 360- Halo 3

Gameboy- Tetris!!!!

Gameboy Color- Pokemon Blue (Or Red and Yellow)

Gameboy Advance- Not really sure on this one. I only use it for RPGs like Riveria now But maybe some Mario Remake?

Nintendo DS/DS lite (I have both)- Animal Crossing DS I would say

Hippopo

NES:  Super Mario Bros (Original, RIGHT?!)

SNES:  Super Mario World (OMG)

N64:  Banjo-KAZOOIE (Because Tooie isn't fun >.>)

GCN:  Viewtiful Joe

Wii:  Nothing..  All the games are the same.

Sega Genesis:  Sonic

Sega Saturn:  Virtua Fighter

Game Boy:  Pokemon Blue

Game Boy Advance:  Golden Sun

DS:  I don't know :(

Classic

January 02, 2009, 04:54:09 PM #6 Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:56:22 AM by Classic the GRUMPY HOMO
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES: Super Mario RPG 
N64: Super Mario 64
Gamecube: Chibi-Robo!
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
DS: Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Sega Genesis: Sonic 3 and Knuckles
(No Sega Saturn, but I'd say NiGHTS cause I did get to play it)
Sega Dreamcast: Space Channel 5 Parts 1&2
Playstation 2: Katamari Damacy

Wrench

NES - StarTropics
SNES - Donkey Kong Country
Genesis - Battletoads Double Dragon
N64 - Super Mario 64
PS1 - Spyro the Dragon
PS2 - God of War
Gamecube - Smash Bros Melee
Wii - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Geno

Quote from: Hippo on January 02, 2009, 04:28:35 PM
N64:  Banjo-KAZOOIE (Because Tooie isn't fun >.>)
Uh what
Your favorite N64 game is Kazooie, and you don't think the sequal is fun? I'm confused. Tooie was exactly like Kazooie except way more shit was in it

Quote from: Classic the GRUMPY HOMO on January 02, 2009, 04:54:09 PM
Xbox 360: Beautiful Katamari
I find this so depressing
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

Since I'm bored, I'm doing every console that I've ever owned, including handhelds, and I'm going to do these in the order that I got them:

Game Boy Color: Pokemon R/B/Y. In 1st to 3rd grade, everybody at my school played fucking pokemon. It was awesome.

Game Boy Advance: Aside from all the Mario ports, it's tough to think of a game that I would reccomend to anybody. For the last few months (or since the translation was released) Mother 3 has been fucking amazing, but I don't know if I would reccomend it to somebody picking up a GBA. I'm going to go with Golden Sun. Great RPG.

PS2: I played so many shitty games, but I still enjoyed them. I'm going to go with GTA3. Even though it's not as good as the other GTA titles on PS2, it was a huge landmark in GTA, as as a result, we have GTA4, which is fucking godly.

N64: Super Smash Bros. Easily my favorite in the series, just because of the game engine. Everything feels so perfect.

Gamecube: PIKMIN. I never actually played the second one, which has been on my list for games to get for years, but idk. Pikmin was my first GCN game and I've always loved it to death.

SNES: Sunset Riders. Fuck contra and mario. I love it.

NDS: Mario Kart DS. My favorite in the series.

Wii: I want to agree with Wrench and way RE4, but it feels wrong since it was on gamecube. I guess I'll go with SMG.

XBOX circle: Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Halo 3, Orange Box (if your computer sucks like mine), or Rock Band 2. I don't feel like deciding.

Genesis: Earthworm jim lol

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Geno on January 02, 2009, 03:11:55 PM
Final Fantasy X I guess. I think it was one of the most memorable games I've ever played.
And it's also the only good Final Fantasy.

okay, now for handhelds

GB Classic: Pokemon R/B/Y, for obvious reason.

GBC: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages. The GBC had a decent number of action games, and the Oracles games were the best and probably my favorite Zeldas ever.

GBA line: Metroid Fusion. The GBA had a bunch of great games of every genre and especially a good number of action and platforming games, and since Fusion brought about the revival of the Metroid series and it's definitely among the very best, it's obvious why I picked it.

DS: The World Ends with You. The DS has a lot of RPGs, and this is probably the best one. It also uses all the system's capabilities so it's definitely a great first pick.

PSP: Gradius Collection and GTA VCS. Honestly, about half of the PSP's library is just collections of older games so that why I picked Gradius Collection. Vice City Stories also shows the PSP is capable of a complete, console-like experience and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Game Gear: Fantasy Zone Gear. For the most part, the GG library is just ports of SMS games, but this is an exclusive sequel to the SMS's greatest series and it's pretty damn good. If there was any reason to ever get a Gamegear, it's for this alone.
Quote from: Classic the GRUMPY HOMO on January 02, 2009, 04:54:09 PM

Xbox 360: Beautiful Katamari

i'm not really sure if you read the full purpose of this topic goonish

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hippopo

Quote from: Geno on January 02, 2009, 08:06:38 PM
Uh what
Your favorite N64 game is Kazooie, and you don't think the sequal is fun? I'm confused. Tooie was exactly like Kazooie except way more shit was in it
I know..  But cramming more features into a game doesn't always make it better.  "Don't fix what isn't broken" as they sometimes say.  Kazooie attracted me because of its charm and simplicity.  The levels were a decent size, the abilities seemed to fit well, and the game stayed true to being a 3D platformer.

In Tooie, Rare decided bigger was better I guess.  The levels were bigger which at first seems good, but they became bland because of the expansion.  For example, Witchy World is an extremely large level, but it's boring to play.  If you examine each section of the theme park, you'll see there isn't much going on.  One part has a giant bouncy castle..  The other has a space shooter...  The other has a side show display.  None of it, however, is challenging, but it does take a long time to navigate between areas....

Yes, Tooie does have more abilities, but I didn't really enjoy them.  I'll agree that the separation of Banjo and Kazooie was interesting, but it didn't make the game better for me.  It was possible to do most of the things in the original game.  Flying...  Grabbing items...  Even hatching eggs (Although it was a bit different ;)).  Yes, the added abilities did make the puzzles different for the original game, but I don't think it made them any more fun...

The addition of Mumbo-Jumbo was not my favorite.  In fact, I really thought he was a nuisance and waste of time.  His puzzles were far too simple and his character was just not exciting...

Finally, I don't like 3D shooters.. At all.  In fact, I can't even play one for more than ten minutes without wanted to turn off the game.  So I really didn't like the addition of the 3D shooter puzzles.  Yes, I know Rare loves shooters, so I can see why they added it.  However, Banjo is a platformer, so they should have left it out.

I think Tooie was an okay game, but it wasn't great in my eyes.  I know iit seems similar to Kazooie, but they aren't the same game.  Therefore, I think it's very reasonable that I like the original but dislike the sequel.

Geno

Quote from: Hippo on January 03, 2009, 01:04:16 AM
I know..  But cramming more features into a game doesn't always make it better.  "Don't fix what isn't broken" as they sometimes say.  Kazooie attracted me because of its charm and simplicity.  The levels were a decent size, the abilities seemed to fit well, and the game stayed true to being a 3D platformer.

In Tooie, Rare decided bigger was better I guess.  The levels were bigger which at first seems good, but they became bland because of the expansion.  For example, Witchy World is an extremely large level, but it's boring to play.  If you examine each section of the theme park, you'll see there isn't much going on.  One part has a giant bouncy castle..  The other has a space shooter...  The other has a side show display.  None of it, however, is challenging, but it does take a long time to navigate between areas....

Yes, Tooie does have more abilities, but I didn't really enjoy them.  I'll agree that the separation of Banjo and Kazooie was interesting, but it didn't make the game better for me.  It was possible to do most of the things in the original game.  Flying...  Grabbing items...  Even hatching eggs (Although it was a bit different ;)).  Yes, the added abilities did make the puzzles different for the original game, but I don't think it made them any more fun...

The addition of Mumbo-Jumbo was not my favorite.  In fact, I really thought he was a nuisance and waste of time.  His puzzles were far too simple and his character was just not exciting...

Finally, I don't like 3D shooters.. At all.  In fact, I can't even play one for more than ten minutes without wanted to turn off the game.  So I really didn't like the addition of the 3D shooter puzzles.  Yes, I know Rare loves shooters, so I can see why they added it.  However, Banjo is a platformer, so they should have left it out.

I think Tooie was an okay game, but it wasn't great in my eyes.  I know iit seems similar to Kazooie, but they aren't the same game.  Therefore, I think it's very reasonable that I like the original but dislike the sequel.
See Lawlz this is how you should post your opinions. With reason.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Geno on January 03, 2009, 03:50:55 AM
See Lawlz this is how you should post your opinions. With reason.
most personal opinions don't necessitate long-ass justifications

most of the time, for most things, it's simply "i don't like it" and that's reason enough

Wrench

handhelds:

GB color - Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C
Advance SP - Pokemon Emerald
DS - Mario Kart DS
PSP - GTA: Liberty city stories

I have more handhelds, but they offer the same games.

Go Up