if i made a game would you play it (this doesn't belong in VG, okay)

Started by ncba93ivyase, December 31, 2008, 10:58:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

What I'm currently working on is a basic shmup, and by the time it's finished, it should have all these features:
-Easily user created levels. ie. You can just go into something like paint, scribble some random lines, save it as a png, and you'll have a level
-Randomly generated, user created enemies
-player customizable bullet patterns and stuff

Of course, it'll have a bunch of packed in levels (made by me and Zidone) and pre-made enemies, etc.

also, it's being written in python (obviously)

All I need to do is get a good hit detection system working for enemies and figure out a way to have them send bullets targeted towards you (I think I already have this part figured out), and it'll be ready.

What I want to do is host it here on Boyah and share it with the rest of the good people of the internet. All I'd hope is that some of you guys play it and share it around, because it'll also lead to greater activity for your forum (people come here to download, like it, maybe want to share some levels, join the forum, and so on).

so is this a good idea y/n

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Ezloļŗ•

:)

Selkie

LCK

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ć¢ā,,¢ā€ EzloĆ¢ā,,¢ā€  on December 31, 2008, 11:00:07 AM
no im waiting for outsider rpg
It's never going to come out and if it did it'd suck terribly.

at least i know something about games, unlike them
Quote from: Selkie224 on December 31, 2008, 11:00:32 AM
sure, just dont make it shit.
There's a reason I'm not rushing it like Zidone wants me to.

And don't expect an Ikaruga or Dodonpachi or anything, it'll be more like early 80's arcade games, kind of like Galaga but with scrolling levels and neon-like graphics

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Wrench

Lotos

I made a game in Gamemaker.  I played it, but it sucks.  Speaking of which, I better get working on it...

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Lotos on December 31, 2008, 11:28:23 AM
I made a game in Gamemaker.  I played it, but it sucks.  Speaking of which, I better get working on it...
This is an actual game with actual coding all done by me

Lotos

Quote from: Lawlz on December 31, 2008, 11:32:29 AM
This is an actual game with actual coding all done by me

I wish I could do that, I can barely work Gamemaker :-X

Cookie

I would.

I still want the outsider RPG. I swear they are just saying they're making it when in reality no one has even

Ezloļŗ•

Quote from: Lawlz on December 31, 2008, 11:02:17 AM
It's never going to come out and if it did it'd suck terribly.

at least i know something about games, unlike them
then help us make the game lawlz

:)

Lozal

powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Go Up