July 07, 2024, 08:13:25 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wow, This Binary Universe just beat out Frances the Mute

Started by Selkie, December 27, 2008, 10:27:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

After at least a year and a half I have finally experienced an album I truly find better than Frances the Mute (my all-time favorite album)

BT's This Binary Universe. I got it for Christmas. It's absolutely amazing. It has the magic of a children's lullaby but the emotional power of a full orchestra playing an epic symphony.
You need to hear it. It defines music.

ncba93ivyase

Frances the Mute isn't even good.

Half the damn album is static, and when anything actually gets going it's over.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

russell

Lawlz, Frances The Mute is incredible, and if you're complaining about static and lack of drive then I don't think you understand the musical concepts behind the album, or the genre in general. If you want something succinct and simple go listen to the local Top 40 station. FtM isn't even my favorite TMV album, but I'd probably call it the one that achieves its emotional goal the best, besides maybe Bedlam in Goliath.

As for This Binary Universe, I just downloaded it and listened to it once through. My initial impression is not of utter amazement, but it's definitely good and I'll listen to it again... it reminds me of Clint Mansell, AIR's soundtrack for The Virgin Suicides, and Lotus a little bit... all good things.

I think I'd have to be in a very specific mood to really get into it... it also kind of reminds me of longwinded art-rock stuff like Godspeed You Black Emperor or Russian Circles, except electronic. Overall I still think it's quite good though.

The artist formally known

This Binary Universe isn't amazing but it's great. Not something I could listen to a lot but every once and a while.

Very unsual<3

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: 'Ð½Ð¾',кел on December 27, 2008, 11:31:23 AM
Lawlz, Frances The Mute is incredible, and if you're complaining about static and lack of drive then I don't think you understand the musical concepts behind the album, or the genre in general. If you want something succinct and simple go listen to the local Top 40 station. FtM isn't even my favorite TMV album, but I'd probably call it the one that achieves its emotional goal the best, besides maybe Bedlam in Goliath.

YEAH STATIC IS SO DEEP I'M SO DEEP FOR LISTENING TO STATIC YOU JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND ME OR MY MUSIC BECAUSE THIS STATIC IS TOO DEEP FOR YOU

shut the fuck up

When the music actually starts it's not bad, but half the damn CD is wasted on BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on December 28, 2008, 05:29:35 PM
YEAH STATIC IS SO DEEP I'M SO DEEP FOR LISTENING TO STATIC YOU JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND ME OR MY MUSIC BECAUSE THIS STATIC IS TOO DEEP FOR YOU

shut the fuck up

When the music actually starts it's not bad, but half the damn CD is wasted on BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

not exactly. It's actually wasted on ambient noises like cars running, people talking, birds chirping, etc.

Which is a lot different than bzzzzzz

Go Up