October 06, 2024, 11:23:49 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I played TF2 pretty much all day yesterday

Started by russell, December 22, 2008, 04:17:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

About 8 hours total. I played XFG's Dustbowl server the whole time and ended with 787 points.

strongbad

[hedy]Zidone

i spent like three hours playing lotusclan 2fort yesterday and another few today

also, 4chan servers akudood;

Terran SCV

Zidone and I really like to annoy the hell out of people at 2f2f MARIO_KART, lol
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

russell

Quote from: Bat Masterson on December 22, 2008, 07:56:14 PM
i spent like three hours playing lotusclan 2fort yesterday and another few today

also, 4chan servers akudood;

I play LotusClan goldrush occasionally, but I don't like the full-length respawn so I only play it when everything else is full. I might donate to XFG so I can play whenever I want.  giggle;

I ended up playing all day yesterday too, and it's looking like today will be the same.  doodhuh;

Terran SCV

Quote from: russell on December 23, 2008, 12:10:14 PM
I play LotusClan goldrush occasionally, but I don't like the full-length respawn so I only play it when everything else is full. I might donate to XFG so I can play whenever I want.  giggle;

I ended up playing all day yesterday too, and it's looking like today will be the same.  doodhuh;

I just noticed you are running on Mac OS. Crossover/WINE?
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

russell

Quote from: Terran SCV on December 23, 2008, 06:12:45 PM
I just noticed you are running on Mac OS. Crossover/WINE?

I boot Windows XP when I have some gamin' needs. Parallels and other emulation softwares are annoying and slow and shitty and don't support games very well, at least last time I checked (which was, admittedly, two and a half years ago but it's still easier to just restart and run Winders natively for a few hours).

Also Windows is easier to run for free than emulation dicks.

I'd give almost anything for Valve or a third party to port all Valve's shit to OS X/OpenGL, though.

Terran SCV

Quote from: russell on December 25, 2008, 07:44:06 AM
I boot Windows XP when I have some gamin' needs. Parallels and other emulation softwares are annoying and slow and shitty and don't support games very well, at least last time I checked (which was, admittedly, two and a half years ago but it's still easier to just restart and run Winders natively for a few hours).

Also Windows is easier to run for free than emulation dicks.

I'd give almost anything for Valve or a third party to port all Valve's shit to OS X/OpenGL, though.

I agree with you there

My Ubuntu can play TF2, but at these limitations, starting from a minor bug to extremely annoying:

• Direct X Level 7 (or it's just my hardware - however, many have confirmed it may have to do with Linux in general)

• Lags a lot more than it does on the computer

• Locks up after 5 ~ 20 minutes, and I have to do a hard reboot madood;

I can't get Windows, because it is not free  n_u
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Terran SCV on December 25, 2008, 09:51:58 AM
I agree with you there

My Ubuntu can play TF2, but at these limitations, starting from a minor bug to extremely annoying:

• Direct X Level 7 (or it's just my hardware - however, many have confirmed it may have to do with Linux in general)

• Lags a lot more than it does on the computer

• Locks up after 5 ~ 20 minutes, and I have to do a hard reboot madood;

I can't get Windows, because it is not free  n_u
I acquired a student edition of windows.

Works perfectly

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Terran SCV

Quote from: Lawlz on December 26, 2008, 02:49:12 AM
I acquired a student edition of windows.

Works perfectly

Lucky you then.

I'm stuck with Vista and Ubuntu.
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Terran SCV on December 27, 2008, 10:55:02 AM
Lucky you then.

I'm stuck with Vista and Ubuntu.
by acquired, i mean nobody involved in my process of acquisition paid a dime for it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Terran SCV

Quote from: Lawlz on December 27, 2008, 11:08:39 AM
by acquired, i mean nobody involved in my process of acquisition paid a dime for it

Oh

Well I'm still stuck with Vista and Ubuntu, no matter what  n_u

Maybe Windows 7, but that isn't going to happen in a while
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

ncba93ivyase

Terran SCV

Quote from: Lawlz on December 27, 2008, 11:32:06 AM
y

My laptop (which has Ubuntu) has a bad, bad hard drive (I did fsck and badblocks and I had so many errors I had to keep clicking "y") and so Windows refuses to install on it.

My Vista desktop is my TF2 Server computer. Also it has AMD Dual Core. Which sucks gluteus maximus.
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Terran SCV on December 27, 2008, 11:42:05 AM
My laptop (which has Ubuntu) has a bad, bad hard drive (I did ch and badblocks and I had so many errors I had to keep clicking "y") and so Windows refuses to install on it.

My Vista desktop is my TF2 Server computer. Also it has AMD Dual Core. Which sucks gluteus maximus.
get a new hdd

Go Up