May 06, 2024, 05:18:59 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite classic rock album?

Started by Andrew1911, May 27, 2007, 05:16:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:26:59 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:25:21 PM
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:24:58 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:23:36 PM
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:18:54 PM
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:18:03 PM
Speaking of that list, Radiohead is the only great band to me there.

Oasis is overrated because they aren't that special, there music doesn't have much of a meaning, at least to me anyway. I just don't see what the big deal is.

What have you heard by them? I've already come to the conclusion that you have no soul, mainly because you don't like Oasis, but I'm curious.
I've heard Wonder Wall, Rock 'n Roll Star, Half the World Away, etc. Do I have to list every one i've heard?

Fair enough, at least you have a chance.

However, that is besides the point. I still fail to see how rock had "trouble surviving" in the 90s. Just because you don't like the bands doesn't mean it had trouble surviving at all.
Oasis isn't rock, it's pop. There, I said it. True classic rock doesn't sound that way.

So you're saying The Beatles aren't classic rock?
Some of there songs are, some of them aren't.

The Beatles are pop, face it.

Pop=Popular, goddamnit. The Beatles are rock/pop. Oasis have more songs that could be considered "rock" than The Beatles. Not to mention, I didn't ask what you consider rock and what you consider pop. The majority considers Oasis rock, I'm going by that. You're avoiding the question.

Fireman.exe

The early era is pop, the late era is rock. I answered the question, I hope it satisfies your cravings of knowledge.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:30:55 PM
The early era is pop, the late era is rock. I answered the question, I hope it satisfies your cravings of knowledge.

Really, it is pop? I see more hints of early Rock n Roll in The Beatles' early songs then most of their later work, save the bluesy tunes from The White Album.

And no, you didn't answer my question. All you said was "theur overated and nawt rawk". That still doesn't give any backing to your statement that rock was in trouble in the 90s or whatever stupid thing you said.

Fireman.exe

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:33:19 PM

Really, it is pop? I see more hints of early Rock n Roll in The Beatles' early songs then most of their later work, save the bluesy tunes from The White Album.

And no, you didn't answer my question. All you said was "theur overated and nawt rawk". That still doesn't give any backing to your statement that rock was in trouble in the 90s or whatever stupid thing you said.
It didn't do as well as pop or hip-hop, dammit. That's what I was trying to say.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:34:43 PM

It didn't do as well as pop or hip-hop, dammit. That's what I was trying to say.

It didn't? I'm sorry, I DIDN'T KNOW 250,000 FANS IN TWO CONCERTS WAS BAD. OR HAVING THE FASTEST SELLING ALBUM IN BRITAIN WAS BAD. OR HAVING THE 3RD BEST SELLING ALBUM IN BRITAIN WAS BAD. Your ignorance is killing me. Even then, I didn't know you judged music based on sales and not quality. Sorry, I usually go by the latter.

I suppose you would say rock is still in trouble now?

Fireman.exe

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:37:34 PM

It didn't? I'm sorry, I DIDN'T KNOW 250,000 FANS IN TWO CONCERTS WAS BAD. OR HAVING THE FASTEST SELLING ALBUM IN BRITAIN WAS BAD. OR HAVING THE 3RD BEST SELLING ALBUM IN BRITAIN WAS BAD. Your ignorance is killing me. Even then, I didn't know you judged music based on sales and not quality. Sorry, I usually go by the latter.

Sorry for having a different opinion. ;) Rock is doing a tad bit better, since all the oldies decided to go on tour. Also, Foo Fighters is still around.

Morning_Glory

May 27, 2007, 10:39:54 PM #36 Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:42:05 PM by Morning_Glory
Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 27, 2007, 10:38:57 PM

Sorry for having a different opinion. ;) Rock is doing a tad bit better, since all the oldies decided to go on tour. Also, Foo Fighters is still around.

You mean the meteorites didn't kill them all?

Sorry, that's dinosaurs. Kind of the same thing though.

Oh, and it's alright. I understand some people have shit taste in music, it's no big deal.

Fireman.exe

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 27, 2007, 10:39:54 PM

You mean the meteorites didn't kill them all?

Sorry, that's dinosaurs. Kind of the same thing though.
I feel bad when I anger people, so I must apologize if I offended you. I just have a different opinion. I hope you don't hate me over this.

Houdini

Old shit is not holding up the rock industry.

Andrew1911

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 28, 2007, 08:35:37 AM
Weezer rocked the 90s.

Anyway, back on topic. Would the years for this thread be 1965-1995?

Andrew1911

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 28, 2007, 12:35:24 PM
Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 28, 2007, 08:35:37 AM
Weezer rocked the 90s.

Anyway, back on topic. Would the years for this thread be 1965-1995?

Hell to the no. I edited it back a bit to the mid 80s.

Morning_Glory

May 28, 2007, 09:56:00 PM #42 Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:42:38 PM by Morning_Glory
Then, my list would be...

Revolver-The Beatles
Pet Sounds-The Beach Boys
Something Else By The Kinks-The Kinks
Houses of The Holy-Led Zeppelin
A Night At The Opera-Queen
Through The Past Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)-The Rolling Stones (Though, if I had to choose a full album, I would go with Aftermath)
Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy or Live At Leeds (The original 6 track LP)-The Who

I'd like to mention more bands, but I'm unsure of what album to pick.

Fireman.exe

Are you Experienced?- The Jimi Hendrix Experience

One Man Freak Show

Go Up