October 06, 2024, 01:30:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Speed Run: Every Pokemon; 72 hours

Started by KonohaShinobi, December 19, 2008, 03:37:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

http://www.thespeedgamers.com/

They are speeding running through Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl,
Pokemon Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Colosseum + American and Japanese Bonus Discs, Pokemon Ranger Shadow of Almia, Pokemon Ranch. attempting to gain all 491 without trading with outsiders (outside of the initial group).

They are also raising money for some autism charity.

So yeah if you're interested in seeing this, there ya go.

I do not think they can do it in 3 days, it seems like an impossible task unless they do not sleep. Not to mention Pokemon battles are very slow, only considerably faster when turning off battle animations. But, if they do, it will be quite a feat.

Blaze-Senpai

Alll of those games together take more than 900 hours to finish completley.

Claquesous

They're playing them all at once. They have like fifteen eight people in reserve for when the ones playing get tired. They got 22 or something pokemon in the first hour. I think they'll do it.

Tomboh

lol they have battle animations on why dont that turn them off

strongbad

Won't it be a huge pain in the ass getting the randomly appearing legendaries? It would suck if it came down to that.

C.Mongler

They've got one person playing every game, I guess its possible.

But donating to autism, lol

Geno

Quote from: C Mongler on December 19, 2008, 10:16:41 PM
They've got one person playing every game, I guess its possible.

But donating to autism, lol
stfu Silverhawk has autism  :(
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Josh

oh god they're gonna smell so bad when it's over i don't wanna be there  O_0

C.Mongler

Quote from: Geno on December 20, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

its ironic that they're palying every pokemon game lol

strongbad

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on December 20, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

He has a mild case of Asperger's.

Also, this has to be the most boring speed run ever.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Kaz on December 21, 2008, 03:37:16 AM
He has a mild case of Asperger's.

Also, this has to be the most boring speed run ever.
Over their spring break they are going to try to beat 13 Zelda games in 72 hours.

bluaki

I believe trade sequences will cause a lot of time wasted. Trades average like 1 minute each not to mention the time it takes to connect, save, go to the PC to withdrawl more pokemon. Just off the trade video thing that'd be about 8 hours.
And I don't see why people feel the need to attempt ridiculous things like this. Just play the game, have fun with it, and finish everything you want to. Where's the fun when trying to speedrun all recent pokemon games including the poorly-done spinoffs.

StarPilot

December 21, 2008, 01:44:35 PM #13 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:55:03 PM by StarPilot
Quote from: bluaki on December 21, 2008, 01:22:07 PM
And I don't see why people feel the need to attempt ridiculous things like this. Just play the game, have fun with it, and finish everything you want to. Where's the fun when trying to speedrun all recent pokemon games including the poorly-done spinoffs.
Because they're not doing that. The only games they're playing are the following: Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Pokémon Colosseum + American and Japanese Bonus Discs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranch.

They're playing the fewest games possible in order to get all 491 currently released Pokemon (Shaymin and Acerus (or w/e) excluded), and near the end they're all being transferred over to the Diamond cartridge which they will give away in a raffle to all of those who donated to the charity. $1 = 1 entry, $5 = 2 entries, $20 = 3 entries, $50 = 4 entries, and every $50 after that is an extra entry.

They've also given away a GBA SP with Sapphire (I think), a Pokemon edition Game Boy Color, and are soon going to give away a Pikachu N64 with matching controller as well.

strongbad

Quote from: Vegeta on December 21, 2008, 10:21:31 AM
Over their spring break they are going to try to beat 13 Zelda games in 72 hours.

That wouldn't be hard with 13 people..

Go Up