October 06, 2024, 12:29:01 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite vid'ya game system?

Started by Josh, December 14, 2008, 12:46:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Kaz on December 14, 2008, 03:13:38 PM
SNES. Only console that ever mastered every genre.

What about pet simulator?

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Oh and by the way as far as I know "pet simulator" is just lumped together into sim games overall, and the SNES had SimCity, so there.

Kalahari Inkantation

I really love my DS right about now. hocuspocus;

Cookie

N64, PS1, Sega Saturn

In that order.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on December 14, 2008, 06:14:04 PM
Sega Saturn

how

i can't think of more than 6 or 7 good games for it that aren't shmups

The spy who loves you

either my n64 ps2 dreamcast or my wii (backwords comp,vc, and a few games i really like)

Cookie

Quote from: Kaz on December 14, 2008, 09:17:08 PM
how

i can't think of more than 6 or 7 good games for it that aren't shmups

Albert Odyssey
The Legend of Oasis
Magic Knight Rayearth
Sim City 2000
Sonic 3D Blast
NiGHTs
Dragon force
The Panzer Dragoon
Virtua Cop
Myst

Then as for games that I hear are good buy have never played

Shinning Force 3
Virtua Fighter 1 and 2
Duke Nukem 3D

And yeah that's all I can think off the top of my head, theres more though. It was also the first game console I ever had so that might have something to do with it.

Geno

SNES because It had SMRPG and an awesome library of games all together.
Then PS2 and N64 tied up.
Then the 360 third
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Bolivian Army

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on December 15, 2008, 02:04:40 PM
Albert Odyssey
The Legend of Oasis
Magic Knight Rayearth
Sim City 2000
Sonic 3D Blast
NiGHTs
Dragon force
The Panzer Dragoon
Virtua Cop
Myst

Then as for games that I hear are good buy have never played

Shinning Force 3
Virtua Fighter 1 and 2
Duke Nukem 3D

lmao virtua fighter sucks so bad it's just hilarious...i have VF2 and it's completely terrible.

NiGHTS is good, but oh so incredibly overrated. Panzer Dragoon? The first one? Nah, PD Zwei is a lot better, and Saga costs too much to bother with. Sonic 3D Blast is okay I guess.

Haven't played any of those other ones.

Cookie

Quote from: Kaz on December 15, 2008, 03:02:20 PM
lmao virtua fighter sucks so bad it's just hilarious...i have VF2 and it's completely terrible.

NiGHTS is good, but oh so incredibly overrated. Panzer Dragoon? The first one? Nah, PD Zwei is a lot better, and Saga costs too much to bother with. Sonic 3D Blast is okay I guess.

Haven't played any of those other ones.

Really? I always heard Virtua Fighter was good. Never played PD Zwei, and yeah I agree, but thankfully I had most of the games before the prices went up.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on December 15, 2008, 06:46:28 PM
Really? I always heard Virtua Fighter was good. Never played PD Zwei, and yeah I agree, but thankfully I had most of the games before the prices went up.

It's good if you like your characters to move so slow and jump so high that it's like they're on the moon and you really enjoy having no ability to chain together moves in any coherent way whatsoever.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on December 14, 2008, 03:13:38 PM
SNES. Only console that ever mastered every genre.
Aside from shmups. Axelay is decent, but highly overrated and way too short and easy.

Of course, the Genesis is my favorite. It had a tremendous variety of everything and a massive number of shmups that put it far ahead of the Super Nintendo. The only thing the Super Nintendo had more of were RPGs, but most of the ones we got in the US really weren't anything I'd call great (SMRPG and Earthbound aside).

and can you kids please tell me why the hell you think the n64 is the greatest system ever. is it solely nostalgia or what. i can understand you other guys loving the super nintendo the most, and the ps2 too, but the n64? jesus

Its only truly excellent games were made by Rare, and they still only made a handful of games. Majora's Mask was also really good and I suppose Ocarina of Time was decent, but that's less than ten A++ games, while the Super Nintendo and Genesis each have dozens.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up