July 07, 2024, 07:52:17 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Steppenwolf

Started by sans culottes, December 09, 2008, 10:53:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

To almost everyone, Steppenwolf is Magic Carpet Ride and Born To Be Wild. Lately, I've started listening to their first two albums. There's some pretty good songs that no one ever cared about, like "Don't Step on the Grass, Sam" and some overlooked yet somewhat known songs like "The Pusher". I'd definitely reccommend these albums to anyone who digs the hard rock and psychadelic sounds of the 60's.
I support BUSH

Hiro

Cool. Those two songs are good

Samus Aran

"The Pusher" is good, yes. Not great, but good. "Rock Me" and "Snowblind Friend" are also pretty cool.

Steppenwolf is sort of...well, I dunno. They just pop up now and then in my music and I like them well enough, but I don't care about them all that much. They're somewhat boring. Not bad at all, but just...not really all that memorable or anything.

I should try to give them more of my attention.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on December 09, 2008, 10:58:36 PM
"The Pusher" is good, yes. Not great, but good. "Rock Me" and "Snowblind Friend" are also pretty cool.

Steppenwolf is sort of...well, I dunno. They just pop up now and then in my music and I like them well enough, but I don't care about them all that much. They're somewhat boring. Not bad at all, but just...not really all that memorable or anything.

I should try to give them more of my attention.

Well yeah, memorable bands are always mainstream, classics, or have cult followings. Still, their first two albums are damn good. After that they suffered the effects of being a two hit band that doesn't break up.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on December 09, 2008, 11:00:37 PM
Well yeah, memorable bands are always mainstream, classics, or have cult followings. Still, their first two albums are damn good. After that they suffered the effects of being a two hit band that doesn't break up.

I'm not really someone who cares about what's mainstream. I enjoy bands that I can call "memorable" that aren't mainstream at all. Try to find someone in this world that can call Van der Graaf Generator "mainstream." I will give you $5 if you can do it.

But regardless I'll look into those albums.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on December 09, 2008, 11:02:52 PM
I'm not really someone who cares about what's mainstream. I enjoy bands that I can call "memorable" that aren't mainstream at all. Try to find someone in this world that can call Van der Graaf Generator "mainstream." I will give you $5 if you can do it.

But regardless I'll look into those albums.

"cult followings" as I said. There's a lot of bands that aren't mainstream and never were popular but they're memorable bands, and they also have cult followings. Occasionally you'll find a band that was never popular and has no cult following that you personally love (Mother Love Bone is to me in that manner). Was just sayin', unless it's a personal favorite of a sort, memorable bands are generally popular or cult followed.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on December 09, 2008, 11:18:49 PM
"cult followings" as I said. There's a lot of bands that aren't mainstream and never were popular but they're memorable bands, and they also have cult followings. Occasionally you'll find a band that was never popular and has no cult following that you personally love (Mother Love Bone is to me in that manner). Was just sayin', unless it's a personal favorite of a sort, memorable bands are generally popular or cult followed.

god damn it i didn't notice the cult following part of your post :(

Go Up