May 08, 2024, 11:55:37 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

I saw Gran Torino, it was awesome

The artist formally known

July 14, 2009, 03:15:49 AM #661 Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:21:25 AM by reefer
Eh, no more scores. I don't give a shit.

The Godfather - I've been putting off this movie because every time I go to watch it I get 30 minutes in and the amount of characters just overwhelm me. Lots of people you're still trying to get their names, just die. Don Vito Corleone is a great character, every one of his lines are brilliant with the most silly voice. I enjoyed it.

Day of the Dead (1985)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Breaking the fourth wall is a favorite of mine, pretty damn funny.

Mad Max - First time seeing it, fucking weird ass movie. I noticed that Saw had stole a huge idea from Mad Max. The acting of some of the characters resembles that of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Skylark

I saw Let the Right One In in a theater which was a lot different than on my computer screen. It was even better
the book of right on

Commander Fuckass

Harry Potter and the half blood prince.   It was pretty good
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Sam

Harry Potter was good, despite the fact that they didn't go into detail AT ALL about The Half Blood Prince himself. Which is, as you may have guessed, somewhat important. They also left out half of Harry/Ginny's relationship and the entire Apparation deal among other things. Oh, and one of the worst things was that instead of the super badass awesome amazing funeral that dumbledore should have ahd, the movie ended with the students all holding their wands in the sky with little lights. It was really lame. OH and they screwed up the entire last scene where dumbledore dies.

But as far as movies go it wasn't bad. I've always loved the HP cast and I think Tom Felton is brilliant in this one. Partially because I want in his pants. And I love the effect they used in the memories. Everything looked watery and cool.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Commander Fuckass

I want in the chick who plays ginny's pants
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Sam

Quote from: Kefka on July 15, 2009, 06:07:58 AM
I want in the chick who plays ginny's pants

I want tom felton and rupert grint. i actually know where tom felton owns a beach house and it's next to this guy's parents house and the guy has an obsession with me so I think it's possible I can get to my draco.  baddood;

also, ginny's taller than harry now, haha
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on July 15, 2009, 09:54:17 AM
also, ginny's taller than harry now, haha
Rofl yeah I hear he's pretty short

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

watched Lost in Translation

Fucking great.

Quote from: UnSid on July 15, 2009, 02:30:31 PM
watched Lost in Translation

Fucking great.
Now watch The Terminal. Both are great.

Skylark

harry potter

i enjoyed it
hermoine is foxy and harry was sort of funny but i fell asleep for about five minutes
the book of right on

Samus Aran

Brüno.

I just...it's...wow. Just wow. This is not in praise, it's just that in some parts of the movie, all I could really say was "wow." As in..."wow, how did this get an R rating?"

It's really more of a novelty than something to enjoy.

The Fountain - No matter if you didn't understand the very out of the box movie the visuals were great. I don't think the Brad Pitt version would have been better, usually I can't take a movie as serious with such a big celebrity (The reason why I didn't see The Cell for a long time.) No matter what you'll come out of this movie with questions. I liked it. RoboCop is going to rule.

Title

Been watching a lot of Danny Boyle films lately, also Skorcese

Sunshine, absolutely fucking great, even better on Blu-Ray

Re-watched 28 Days Later which was actually filmed w/ a standard definition camera so not great on blu-ray but still an incredible movie

Trainspotting

The Beach

To be honest, if you watch all of his movies and compare it to Slumdog, Slumdog was an absolute piece of shit

Title

Quote from: Trav on July 12, 2009, 05:37:35 PM
I saw Gran Torino, it was awesome
How the fuck was Gran Torino awesome? The only legitimate actor was Clint Eastwood. The plot was dull and pretty unmoving due to it's predictability. It was filmed between the same 3 fucking sets and the same shit kept happening until finally Clint Eastwood died. It was fucking terrible.

Also, any time any character would interact with Clint Eastwood, he would just pucker his lips and do that terrible, unnatural scowling face and growl at them. It was almost laughable by the 10th or 11th time he did that. It's one of the worst movies I've seen since "The Myst".

Go Up