October 03, 2024, 09:37:27 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

808's & Heartbreak

Started by Selkie, November 25, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Just got it. It's great. Kanye's best album by far.

It basically just reinforces the fact that depressing art/art created against a depressing backdrop/art inspired by depressing events is always the best art.

Samus Aran

You must lead a depressing life if you think that's an indisputable fact. doodthing;

Selkie

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 25, 2008, 05:29:46 PM
You must lead a depressing life if you think that's an indisputable fact. doodthing;

Actually I am probably one of the happier people out of most to be honest. I just truly believe that depressing art is just better.

Also it's really just the simple reality of conflict: We aren't drawn to someone having to decide between good and good result, it's just boring. We are drawn to someone having to decide between bad and less bad result.

Meyer Lansky

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie224 on November 25, 2008, 05:45:20 PM
Actually I am probably one of the happier people out of most to be honest. I just truly believe that depressing art is just better.

Also it's really just the simple reality of conflict: We aren't drawn to someone having to decide between good and good result, it's just boring. We are drawn to someone having to decide between bad and less bad result.

I dunno about you, but my ideal "mood" for an album shifts with my own mood. Thus, I'm not so hasty to raise one over the other.

And um...as for that last statement you made, I can't think of any albums I own that apply to that contrast.

Houdini

It sounds more like a blatant cash-in on the Autotune craze. If there's any emotion in there, I'm not hearing it.

me003

Quote from: Houdini on November 26, 2008, 04:38:52 PM
It sounds more like a blatant cash-in on the Autotune craze. If there's any emotion in there, I'm not hearing it.
Are you talking about using a vocoder? I haven't heard the album so I don't know what you're talking about.

But, I have to agree that depressing music is my favorite, and it's not just music, anything that depresses people is what I enjoy.
Movies; Donnie Darko, Requiem 4 a Dream, Butterfly Effect are some of my favorite movies, because they're dark.
Music, I like a lot of dubstep because it's dark, I like that grimey feel I get when I've witnessed something crazy.
I guess just crazy shit is what I enjoy.....video games included.
But at the same time I love uplifting music and calm music and not so much feel good movies, but feel good anime is awesome too.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Houdini

Quote from: Methree on November 30, 2008, 10:56:23 PM
Are you talking about using a vocoder? I haven't heard the album so I don't know what you're talking about.
Autotune and vocoders are two different things. Do a little research.

me003

Quote from: Houdini on December 01, 2008, 09:20:28 PM
Autotune and vocoders are two different things. Do a little research.
Done.
"Auto-Tune is a proprietary audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies that uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances."
"While Auto-Tune is a specific product, auto-tune is frequently used in the media as a blanket term to describe any audio processing with a similar effect, perhaps because it was the first product allowing pitch correction in real time."
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

l a c e y

i agree i think it's his best album aswell.

Andrew1911

Go Up