October 02, 2024, 09:32:48 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Musicians you've lost respect for.

Started by sans culottes, November 05, 2008, 03:00:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Today, Jack Bruce.
http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/40867
I'd like to believe that he didn't say that and he may have not have, but NME is a valid source.
I support BUSH

YPrrrr

None, but I usually get into musicians after they become more well known, so I haven't experienced them selling out or anything like that.

sans culottes

Quote from: Flying Circus on November 05, 2008, 03:06:00 PM
None, but I usually get into musicians after they become more well known, so I haven't experienced them selling out or anything like that.

The same with me, but a lot of musicians dissappoint fans long after they're famous. I don't really have a problem with 'em, but a lot of Stones fans don't like how the Stones are doing today, for example.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Wow, I didn't know Bruce was such a fucking baby. "BAWWW COME SEE CREAM SHOWS LED ZEPP SUXXORZ"

Asshole can't cope with a band being more famous than Cream. Cream is immensely popular as well and he should be happy with that.

Selkie

Guns N Roses

Wait, I never had respect for them because they have always sucked HA!

AC DC because they only have 1 song. Literally.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie224 on November 05, 2008, 03:33:36 PM
AC DC because they only have 1 song. Literally.

That would have made more sense if you left out the "literally," because they literally don't. goonish

Selkie

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 05, 2008, 03:46:07 PM
That would have made more sense if you left out the "literally," because they literally don't. goonish

AC DC songs: 111111

1111111 = 1 x 111111
(111111)         (111111)

1 = 1

AC DC songs: 1

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie224 on November 05, 2008, 03:49:01 PM
AC DC songs: 111111

1111111 = 1 x 111111
(111111)         (111111)

1 = 1

AC DC songs: 1

You really must not listen to much of their material, because even if I were to say that most if it sounds the same, I can think of at least one song ("Ride On") that is completely different from the rest of their work.

But luckily for me, I'm not some sort of ignorant stiff that thinks that a band has to be diverse to be decent. I'm not a big AC/DC fan, but I can appreciate their music and I don't buy into any "all their music sounds the same so they suck" bullshit.

Selkie

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 05, 2008, 03:52:56 PM
You really must not listen to much of their material, because even if I were to say that most if it sounds the same, I can think of at least one song ("Ride On") that is completely different from the rest of their work.

But luckily for me, I'm not some sort of ignorant stiff that thinks that a band has to be diverse to be decent. I'm not a big AC/DC fan, but I can appreciate their music and I don't buy into any "all their music sounds the same so they suck" bullshit.

I guess I am just more picky when it comes to that stuff. Your argument is understandable.

I like complete difference from song to song in my albums. Of course only if that maintains the theme and the general intended atmosphere.

Skylark

In a lot of ways I have lost respect for Jenny Lewis but I still loved so much who she was so I think I will always love her and maybe continue to buy her music (or download it... like Acid Tongue)
the book of right on

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie224 on November 05, 2008, 03:33:36 PM
Guns N Roses

Wait, I never had respect for them because they have always sucked HA!

WHAT NO FUCK YOU

uhm mase probably becuase i was in like 3rd grade lol, and then he was all LOL TIME OT BECOME A BORNAGAIN.

then ghostface broke his jaw

russell

Skylark

the book of right on

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: skylark on November 05, 2008, 06:53:18 PM
Beck is a Scientologist? :(
ya :[

As long as he still makes music I like, I don't care. baddood;

Skylark

Quote from: Thief888 on November 05, 2008, 06:57:56 PM
ya :[

As long as he still makes music I like, I don't care. baddood;

Oh, Beck

I agree with you though.
I am very excited to pass this information onto my friend.
the book of right on

Go Up