October 27, 2024, 08:26:56 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

bad things that the internet has done to you

Started by Samus Aran, October 29, 2008, 01:18:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lotos

Quote from: TECTRINKET on October 29, 2008, 01:51:03 PM
Let's see...

I've wasted three years of my life
I'm the biggest procrastinator in the universe
I'm less social
I've been desensitized

i hate the internet <3

Same here, but make that two years.  Going into my third year of wasting a LOT of time.

FAMY2

I have met some of the best, craziest, weirdest and, nicest people.  I have had the best time of my life with some. Others I need to get to know. O_0

don't let's

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 29, 2008, 01:18:43 AM
The internet has made it impossible for me to read "goatee" without reading it first as "goatse."

:(

You know that's probably going to happen to me just because you said that.

wawi

I really can't think of bad things that have come out of it, unless you count that I've become more I've been desensitized when dealing with gory things. I didn't really have that big of a social life, anyways.

If anything, it made my life better. It has really opened my eyes. I've become agnostic, and I've met some people who've helped me out a lot. I care a lot for those people. Without them, I don't know what I'd do.

ME##

Well, it killed my hopes of getting a social life after what happened with my old best friend since it's basically started actually becoming really active at NSider after that. 

Though, I really don't think that ti's been completely negative to me.

Feynman

I love the internet for opening my mind about human kinds and providing me with endless amounts of information. The internet has made me what I am today, and I am damn proud of it.

Though I really hate how friends on Facebook upload pictures of them all hanging out and having fun, and I feel like I'm the only one who's not there and is missing out on a lot.

the shortest route to the sea

On the downside, I get sidetrack into useless refreshing of forum pages and flash games when they've lost all enjoyment. I find myself being sucked in sometimes, and I don't get things done. I always end up meeting too many exciting and amazing people, and so I'm not able to give each of them the love they deserve.

Plus 4chan fucked me up so badly  >.<

But the internet gives me constant humor and interesting stories; it gives me news and topics which I would not normally find; it gives me contact with people I would not normally reach; it gives me knowledge and learning and social understanding. As a sociological experiment, the internet is absolutely amazing, especially Anon and they're amoral, semi-psychopathic bent. It's a wonderful place full of promise, where I find people, music, stories, art, and other things which have proved essential to the development of my worldviews and philosophies. It's a wonderful thing, and something which must be protected.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

UnagiPower

Quote from: Bassir on October 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM
I love the internet for opening my mind about human kinds and providing me with endless amounts of information. The internet has made me what I am today, and I am damn proud of it.

Though I really hate how friends on Facebook upload pictures of them all hanging out and having fun, and I feel like I'm the only one who's not there and is missing out on a lot.

lol that happens to me

but then  i noticed my friends when they are having those hangouts more than half the time they are ONLY taking pictures  :|

Sam

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Skylark

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 29, 2008, 03:26:05 PM
lol that happens to me

but then  i noticed my friends when they are having those hangouts more than half the time they are ONLY taking pictures  :|

I see that happen a lot too! And don't understand it. They look like they are all having so much fun but they're just taking a lot of pictures...
I don't really think the internet has impacted me in a negative way and I don't know, I like all hte people I can reach and the information that is here for me. The internet is a great thing.
the book of right on

The spy who loves you

Daddy

noodle_976

October 29, 2008, 07:12:59 PM #27 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:20:48 PM by noodle_976
things that gross out people I know don't gross me out, so they think I'm weird :(
I don't find a lot of things  people find funny funny, because what they think is funny is actually retarded.  doodthing;

the second one isn't actually a bad thing  powerofone;

Geno

The Internet has done nothing but good for me.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Thyme

October 29, 2008, 07:19:59 PM #29 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:27:12 PM by Thyme
Quote from: Lotos on October 29, 2008, 01:56:30 PM
Same here, but make that two years.  Going into my third year of wasting a LOT of time.

Is that in actual Online Time? If I combine the Online Times of all the main forums I've been and still go to, it probably goes up to something like a year and a half. spam;

edit: actually i just made a quick calculation, it's more around 15 months

Go Up