so that i don't feel like the only one who's watching animu around here

Started by Samus Aran, October 16, 2008, 01:39:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: GIGAHEART on October 25, 2008, 11:48:44 PM
Adult Swim needs to bring back Lupin III. :'(

I haven't bothered with Adult Swim since the most recent run of Cowboy Bebop ended.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 25, 2008, 11:58:00 PM
I haven't bothered with Adult Swim since the most recent run of Cowboy Bebop ended.

I have just been recording Superjail, but other than that I do not bother with it.

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on October 26, 2008, 04:43:18 PM
I started watching Beck out of boredom.

Not that bad. befuddlement

It's a little slow to really pick up the pace, and the animation is lazy at some points (yet outstanding at other points, what's with that?), but other than those picky little issues I still think it's an amazing anime.

FULL MOOOOOON SWAAAAAYYYYYYY

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 26, 2008, 04:57:02 PM
FULL MOOOOOON SWAAAAAYYYYYYY
Oh God, the part where they're skinny dipping and singing that song was so fucking dumb and cheesy.

I really like the 3-D effects they use when someone's playing, though. befuddlement

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on October 26, 2008, 05:06:06 PM
Oh God, the part where they're skinny dipping and singing that song was so fucking dumb and cheesy.

I really like the 3-D effects they use when someone's playing, though. befuddlement

i liked that part well enough but when he sings it on stage is a hell of a lot cooler

are you watching the dub? the songs are awful in the sub.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 26, 2008, 05:09:03 PM
i liked that part well enough but when he sings it on stage is a hell of a lot cooler

are you watching the dub? the songs are awful in the sub.
Dub, like you recommended me. baddood;

Hiro

I think I might watch that, is there a way to watch it without downloading it?

Gin

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 20, 2008, 04:11:17 PM
i feel like watching an anime which one out of the three should i watch: FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, or Lupin III

i'm new to animu

You should watch Cowboy Bebop first out of those three. I think FLCL will just confuse you a lot and turn you off to other stuff if you watch it first.

Hiro

Quote from: Gin on October 26, 2008, 05:26:36 PM
You should watch Cowboy Bebop first out of those three. I think FLCL will just confuse you a lot and turn you off to other stuff if you watch it first.
Yeah I suppose.
I only saw Cowboy Bebop once but it was rad.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on October 26, 2008, 05:12:17 PM
I think I might watch that, is there a way to watch it without downloading it?

Ever since stage 9 (divx powered HD videos, amazing quality) closed down a while back you have nothing left but youtube-quality blurs.

Just download it, then delete when you finish, it will not take up that much space while it's there, and there is nothing to worry about if you marathon straight through it.

Or you can even preserve the series on DVDs (I recently did this to GANTZ and a few other series) and watch them whenever you want.

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on October 29, 2008, 06:20:51 PM
I just finished Beck.

A bit cheesy, but it was beautiful. :(

Yeah I have to admit a lot of parts were pretty cheesy, but it was overall a really good insight into a lot of aspects of music. I liked all the subtle (and some not-so-subtle) references to real bands, too.

I was sort of weirded out by the ending, because I was so sure it was going to end with the breaking up of the band and nothing afterward. It almost seemed like they were trying way too hard to give us a happy ending.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 29, 2008, 08:14:06 PM
Yeah I have to admit a lot of parts were pretty cheesy, but it was overall a really good insight into a lot of aspects of music. I liked all the subtle (and some not-so-subtle) references to real bands, too.

I was sort of weirded out by the ending, because I was so sure it was going to end with the breaking up of the band and nothing afterward. It almost seemed like they were trying way too hard to give us a happy ending.
I think I might the manga now out of boredom.

Have you read it?

Go Up