so that i don't feel like the only one who's watching animu around here

Started by Samus Aran, October 16, 2008, 01:39:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Houdini on October 17, 2008, 03:31:31 PM
Azumanga Daioh. It's pretty good, especially compared to the other stuff I've seen.

That was the first real anime I've watched, and it's the only anime that all the weaboos I know at school have watched. Excellent comedy.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Houdini

Quote from: Pqqu on October 17, 2008, 03:54:14 PM
That was the first real anime I've watched, and it's the only anime that all the weaboos I know at school have watched. Excellent comedy.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. All the other anime comedies I'd watched were pretty crappy, so I wasn't expecting much. It turned out to actually be pretty funny, not to mention really well done. I don't think any of the weeaboos at my school have watched it though, I guess they're too busy watching dreck like Naruto.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Houdini on October 17, 2008, 04:55:47 PM
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. All the other anime comedies I'd watched were pretty crappy, so I wasn't expecting much. It turned out to actually be pretty funny, not to mention really well done. I don't think any of the weeaboos at my school have watched it though, I guess they're too busy watching dreck like Naruto.

I have a friend who regurally stays up till 3 in the morning every day of the week...he spent that time watching Code Geass as it came out. He actually watched the raw the second it came out :|

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Houdini on October 17, 2008, 03:31:31 PM
Azumanga Daioh. It's pretty good, especially compared to the other stuff I've seen.
My sisters have been watching that.

I have avoided trying it because they like it, But I will now attempt watching.

UnagiPower

i feel like watching an anime which one out of the three should i watch: FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, or Lupin III

i'm new to animu

Hiro

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 20, 2008, 04:11:17 PM
i feel like watching an anime which one out of the three should i watch: FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, or Lupin III

i'm new to animu
FLCL
Ever seen it?

UnagiPower

Hiro

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 20, 2008, 04:34:31 PM
nope

i've heard a little about it though
It's really really weird.
There's also a ton of things you don't catch until multiple views.
But stick through it, it really picks up the pace at episode 4.
There's only 6 episodes by the way.

l a c e y

BECK MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD
i fuckin love that show.
i havent seen it in a long time.
mannn!
i forogt all about it!
do you think you can buy it on DVD?!

Samus Aran

Quote from: bojangelsrocks on October 21, 2008, 03:58:59 PM
BECK MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD
i fuckin love that show.
i havent seen it in a long time.
mannn!
i forogt all about it!
do you think you can buy it on DVD?!

There's a boxset for about $62. That's not too bad of a price for the whole series.

Or you can buy separate DVDs...6 of them I think. That would actually be more expensive than just buying the whole boxset, I believe.

l a c e y

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 21, 2008, 06:23:16 PM
There's a boxset for about $62. That's not too bad of a price for the whole series.

Or you can buy separate DVDs...6 of them I think. That would actually be more expensive than just buying the whole boxset, I believe.

SWEET!!!!
im gunna ask for it for christmas!

KonohaShinobi

Both of NGE's endings sucked, the original series ending and the movie ending.

I wish I could like NGE like other people, but it just really is confusing as hell.

Also, anyone seen Bartender?

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on October 22, 2008, 06:25:09 AM
Both of NGE's endings sucked, the original series ending and the movie ending.

I wish I could like NGE like other people, but it just really is confusing as hell.

I liked both endings, although I think "The End of Evangelion" did it a lot more justice, because it actually did what was supposed to happen: the Human Instrumentality Project and the Third Impact.

The show and especially The End of Eva are confusing, yeah, at first. But it's actually a pretty simple concept if you just break it down.

To put it all together, the entire point of the the Eva was to re-create God and to allow all of mankind to become one, in a sea of LCL.

Lotos

[hedy]Zidone

Go Up