September 28, 2024, 12:29:49 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

favorite male/female vocals

Started by Wrench, October 15, 2008, 07:18:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Steven Wilson
Mikael Akerfeldt
Mathew Bellamy

I'm too lazy to think past the extremely obvious ones.

This thread has also made me realize the lack of music in my library with female vocalists. befuddlement

l a c e y

Male:
Craig Owens (Chiodos & Cinematic Sunrise)

Female:
Rihanna
or
Haley Williams (Paramore)

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Houdini

Quote from: Geno on October 28, 2008, 07:59:39 PM
That chick has an amazing voice
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT: it's because they doctor it in the studio.

Wrench

Quote from: Houdini on October 28, 2008, 08:42:47 PM
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT: it's because they doctor it in the studio.

Youtube Paramore. She sounds exactly the same.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Karel

I'm surprised no one said Jim Morrison.

Quote from: Houdini on October 17, 2008, 03:25:48 PMSatomi Matsuzaki (Deerhoof)
ehhh, her voice is either a hit or miss with me, mostly miss

same with that guy from The Owls or Cap'n Jazz or whatever the hell he's doing now

Samus Aran

Quote from: Duke of Prunes on October 30, 2008, 06:47:05 PM
I'm surprised no one said Jim Morrison.

I'm not. I love The Doors, and Jim's unique, yeah, but he gets annoying on a few tracks and he doesn't exactly have any real "talent" for singing. If it weren't for all the other things that help support Jim's extremely rough vocals, it would sound pretty bad, I'm sure.

Karel

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 31, 2008, 02:06:45 AM...but he gets annoying on a few tracks and he doesn't exactly have any real "talent" for singing.
Talent is for American Idol.

QuoteIf it weren't for all the other things that help support Jim's extremely rough vocals, it would sound pretty bad, I'm sure.
They do get pretty rough in some songs, but I still don't find them annoying even when trying to single out his voice. The repitition gets annoying, and even then that's for the song as a whole.
doodthing;

if that's what you meant by support, anyways. like the instrumentals drowning him out.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Duke of Prunes on October 31, 2008, 12:43:31 PM
Talent is for American Idol.
They do get pretty rough in some songs, but I still don't find them annoying even when trying to single out his voice. The repitition gets annoying, and even then that's for the song as a whole.
doodthing;

if that's what you meant by support, anyways. like the instrumentals drowning him out.

by support, i meant more the lyrical content and overall usually dark mood of the music, not necessarily the other instruments in the songs specifically

but yeah, don't get me wrong, i love The Doors still, even more than i love The Beatles

sans culottes

Jim Morrison has a great voice, yeah. I call him the ideal frontman - great vocals and an even better stage presence.

I was listening to a live track by the Doors. Jim was like "bla bla bla astrology" and some girl in the audience said something about astrology. Jim's like "I think it's all bullshit" and she's like "I do too!".
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Señor Paco on October 31, 2008, 09:05:42 PM
Jim Morrison has a great voice, yeah. I call him the ideal frontman - great vocals and an even better stage presence.

I was listening to a live track by the Doors. Jim was like "bla bla bla astrology" and some girl in the audience said something about astrology. Jim's like "I think it's all bullshit" and she's like "I do too!".

he was such an asshole but so cool at the same time <3

famy

November 01, 2008, 03:25:48 PM #27 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:37:27 PM by FAMY
Males:
Prince
Stevie Wonder
Freddie Mercury
Barry White
Tom Jones
and Liam Gallagher before he started sounding bad

Females:
Diana Ross
that one girl from the cardigans
idk

Go Up