October 02, 2024, 11:24:13 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Every Band You've Seen Live

Started by Placebo Headwound, September 23, 2008, 11:50:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

Quote from: Sam on October 06, 2008, 05:19:52 PM
I saw Jenny Lewis last night. Dave is the most entertaining man ever, he looks so gbored on stage and for some reaosn it's fun to watch.

Jenny lewis sang to me and clapped in my face and i was like.. close enough to kiss her. But I didn't. Because taht would be rude.

opening bands with... deer tick and.. someone else. I forget. I hate deer tick's lead singer's voice 80% of the time. Sometimes it sounds good.

I love Jenny
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: steal on October 06, 2008, 04:20:43 PM
I saw Ben Kweller too, he was pretty good. befuddlement
I saw Ben Kweller once. He was ok. His set was pretty boring but it wasn't particularly bad either.

Speaking of boring bands, MGMT put on the worst live show I think I've ever seen.

Skylark

I saw Cat Power two nights ago and that was fantastic. The opening band did not impress me.
the book of right on

Sam

Oh, I saw Martin Leung do a Castlevania arrangement on a 150 year old giant pipe organ.

in case you don't know who he is by name, you might recognize him from this pretty popular youtube video;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZki6TcY4w[/youtube]
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Placebo Headwound

October 09, 2008, 08:22:06 PM #49 Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:24:23 PM by Houdini
Quote from: Houdini on October 09, 2008, 03:45:57 PM
MGMT put on the worst live show I think I've ever seen.
I saw them opening for Beck tonight, and yeah, they were kinda boring.

Also Beck was a fun show. :3

Houdini

Quote from: Thief888 on October 09, 2008, 08:22:06 PM
I saw them opening for Beck tonight, and yeah, they were kinda boring.

Also Beck was a fun show. :3
I fixed that quote for you, chief. Yeah, I thought Beck was great. I haven't listened to him since 7th grade, but he put on a great show. I was late for his show because I was seeing the Black Keys play, but it was worth it just to be right in front of the stage at the Black Keys' show. They really tore shit up.

the shortest route to the sea

Ted Leo opening for Against Me! this weekend. SO PUMPED.  sillydood;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Houdini

Quote from: Pqqu on October 10, 2008, 05:44:48 PM
Ted Leo opening for Against Me! this weekend. SO PUMPED.  sillydood;
I'd rather see Ted Leo headlining. Against Me! is pretty lame.

Rosti LFC

Quote from: Houdini on October 10, 2008, 06:58:03 PM
I'd rather see Ted Leo headlining. Against Me! is pretty lame.

A friend of mine went to see Muse supporting My Chemical Romance once.

Houdini

Quote from: Rosti LFC on October 12, 2008, 04:05:42 AM
A friend of mine went to see Muse supporting My Chemical Romance once.

That would be such a buzzkill. I would go just for Muse and leave before My Chemical Romance plays. Fortunately, I was able to see Muse headline.

Rosti LFC

Quote from: Houdini on October 12, 2008, 01:46:12 PM
That would be such a buzzkill. I would go just for Muse and leave before My Chemical Romance plays. Fortunately, I was able to see Muse headline.

On Muse's UK tour they were mostly supported by MCR, luckily I got to see them being supported by The Noisettes on one of the few shows that they were. Not a superb band, but original and interesting, and definitely more pleasing to listen to than MCR in my opinion.

the shortest route to the sea

The Future of the Left, and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists opening for Against Me!: shit was awesome. The crowd was into all three bands, but a bunch of people managed to sneak into general admission (myself included), even if they had mezz. or balcony tickets. The firemen were about, and the owners were clearly not pleased. But Against Me! just clicked directly with the crowd; they played a long and seamless set starting with Cliche Guevara, then moving to New Wave, then to Reinventing. After that, they skipped around from New Wave, Searching for a Former Clarity, As the Eternal (just a bit), Reinventing, and HOLY SHIT THEY PLAYED DISCO. They all had a lot of fun with it, they were throwing waterbottles into the crowd, and I nearly got a drumstick. I took to Future of the Left, even though they were just enthusiastic shouting guys. The bassist jumped in the crowd, played for a bit, and then started doing pushups over it. I talked to him afterwards, and I'll be having his babies someday. giggle;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

me003

Just saw Pendulum live. Shit was sick.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Hiro

Going to see The Goo Goo Dolls in a minute :(  WHY DO I HAVE TO  GO TO CONCERTS WITH MY FAMILY?

Skylark

Quote from: Hiro on October 16, 2008, 05:27:49 PM
Going to see The Goo Goo Dolls in a minute :(  WHY DO I HAVE TO  GO TO CONCERTS WITH MY FAMILY?

hahhaaa state fair?
the book of right on

Go Up