October 01, 2024, 05:16:45 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The 11 Worst Animated Shows Made in the Last 11 Years

Started by Andrew1911, September 16, 2008, 09:35:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andrew1911

I'd like to start this out by mentioning some good, underseen animated shows made in the last 11 years: Time Squad. Sheep in the Big City Duck Dodgers. Take a good look at these three... It'll be the last good look at something good for quite a bit. Enough chit-chat. Let's get started.

11. Rugrats All Grown Up!

Now... Rugrats. I never was a fan of the show personally. I understood the appeal of the show was to see the world through the eyes of a baby. So... Let me get this straight... Someone had to have said, "Hey... This is good... But you know what would make it better? What if they were teenagers?" I hope someone smacked this person. Well, if this hypothetical slap did happen, the slapee must've hit back hard because this somehow got onto the air.

Now, doing something different with the original show doesn't have to be a bad thing. They can do some great things... Somehow. They could have had some good ideas. Brilliant ideas. Well, if this were true, it wouldn't be on this list. It's basically like Rugrats except they're teenagers. This takes the key thing that attracted people to Rugrats in the first place and just says, "You like Rugrats? Well, fuck you, this show isn't for you."

I mean, the mind just boggles at thinking how anyone could possibly think this was a good idea. You're turning off the main fanbase because they're not here to see teenagers whining. They're here to see Lil and Phil eat some bugs, huckie gets scared by the see-saw so Tommy has to help him, and Angelica's being a bitch or something. The only things that carried over is that Angelica's still a bitch and Chuckie's still a pussy.

Oh, by the way, the show is also terrible. Just in case you wanted to know.

Samus Aran

I would've put that shit higher on the list.  baddood;

Well, maybe not, because it still has a lot of shows on Disney and a few more on Nick it has to compete with when it comes to shittiness.

Totally Spies! better be on here.  baddood;

Andrew1911

10. Skunk Fu!

Why must there be an exclamation point at the end? Is the show insecure in it's excitement factor? Does it stare at other shows in the locker room? Batman doesn't need an exclamation point. Why does Skunk Fu!? All Grown Up! also has an exclamation point. It makes my sentences look grammatically retarded. Why can't the show just call itself Skunk Fu? It has fu in it. That's exciting. I guess. Not many people are going to watch it because of an exclamation point. I think there's a very small market who will actually be interested by a show due to it's exclamation point. "Hm... Foster's sounds good... But Skunk Fu! has an exclamation point. I think I know my choice." I don't think the exclamation point makes it exciting enough. I shall now bold the ! from now on to make it more exciting.

Sorry about my rambling antics. Now, Skunk Fu!... Ah, still not exciting enough. It's now size 5. Anyway, Skunk Fu! is actually an award winning cartoon. Actually, it won an Irish Television Award. Can you name many Irish animated cartoons? Hell, five bucks says you haven't even heard of this show. Skunk Fu! is about as cliche as a show about a skunk fighting monkeys and a baboon can get. The plot is something along the lines of this evil dragon who wants to take over a valley which is run by a fat panda who is conveniently a kung fu master. Why must the dragon be the bad guy? What did dragons do to deserve this? Why can't the panda be the *******? He's an annoying enough character to be an *******, that's for sure.

I hate the main character. He's a skunk. That could be why they call it Skunk Fu! but I don't really care to put the pieces together. Now, I hate him... But I ****ing loathe Rabbit who is, in fact, a rabbit. That's also his name. Rabbit. See, they name all of these characters... By their species. How lazy is that? That's like naming a character on a live action show Human. Now, Rabbit is an *******. He's not just some kind of regular *******. He's a super *******. He's the Derek of animated *******s. To reach that level is unheard of in an animated show. Rabbit can only be bested in *******ry in animationed television if Derek becomes animated on a Life with Derek special. May God help us if he's on two different mediums.

Skunk Fu! is not exciting. The exclamation point is deceiving. If you enjoy watching boring Flash animation with some mediocre to terrible voice acting, be my guest. Enjoy listening to Panda spout some bull**** or Rabbit being an *******.

YPrrrr

Houdini

Rugrats All Grown Up should be higher on the list. That show sucked like a vacuum cleaner.

Geno

why 11

and sheep and the big city sucked

and this looks like an NS2 thread to me
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Andrew1911

Quote from: Geano on September 17, 2008, 08:34:01 PM
why 11

and sheep and the big city sucked

and this looks like an NS2 thread to me

uh oh looks like a new number one show was edited in

C.Mongler

Daddy

Andrew1911

9. What's New, Scooby-Doo?

I never cared for any of the Scooby-Doo shows when I was younger. Still feel the same way today. Shaggy and Scooby's antics never got to me. However, this show makes me yearn for the days of Shaggy and Scooby running across a never ending backdrop. Well, let's start where the biggest problem is... The theme song. I may not enjoy the old shows but, god damn, the original had a great theme song. This has a theme song. If you can call it that. Simple Plan does the "theme song". They should be ashamed of themselves. Well, they should be ashamed of making some pretty terrible music too other than the "theme song". Simple Plan has a lot to be embarresed about.

But enough about ****ty Plan. Why is this show bad? Let's start out with this lovely clip. Why was Scooby's mouth open for pretty much the entire clip? Was he struck with fear or was it too much money to just simply close it? I'm also confused by what I just saw. Was that a monster with two arms on the left side? I mean... Isn't Scooby-Doo about finding some pedophile old man in a tar monster costume? Not some actually grotesque **** monster? Well, I don't know how this one ends so it could still have a pedophile old man in it but he didn't go for the children so I don't think it has one in there. I also don't care for Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo. He really isn't a good fit for the character.

What's New, Scooby-Doo? i- Oh, god dammit. I just realized this one also has a puncutation mark at the end. Why can't shows just end their titles regularly. Yeah, I'm talking to the original Scooby-Doo show too. Just end it, you bastards. No more punctation marks. Anyway, What's New, Scooby-Doo? never really reaches utter ****tiness like another one of it's brethen has. It's still god damn terrible and deserves it's spot on this list. It could've went to Edd, Edd N Eddy with it's character designs that battle Klasky Cuspo's shows for the most ugliest character designs in 90s animation but, in the end, Scooby-Doo proved looks aren't everything. Sometimes, the **** isn't always skin deep.

C.Mongler

stop with the shitty copy pasta job wheres the clip

Andrew1911

C.Mongler

Feynman

Go Up