July 04, 2024, 01:50:51 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Your favorite movie in the original Star Wars trilogy

Started by Samus Aran, September 08, 2008, 12:19:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

General Solo, is your strike team ready?

Episode IV: A New Hope
1 (25%)
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
2 (50%)
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Samus Aran

Yes, I know I've been obsessive lately. But it's also an opportunity for a new thread.  doodella;

I personally think that Empire Strikes Back is the best. Not only does it greatly improve on special effects and other aspects of the visual presentation, but the character development is the strongest and the comedy created by the fierce back-and-forth dialogue between Han and Leia is awesome and memorable. And it was an interesting relationship, not some whinefest like Anakin and Padme's. Oh, and The Battle of Hoth was awesome. Not as memorable as the Battle of Yavin in A New Hope, but still.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

russell

Samus Aran

Quote from: russell on September 08, 2008, 05:20:28 PM
IV. They went downhill from there.

How so? I personally thought the actors were all better in Empire Strikes Back. Especially Mark Hamill's presentation of Luke. He was just an annoying, whiny farmboy in Episode IV.

"WHAT'S THAT FLASHING???"

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Selkie

VI

I just like how Luke has to try and get his father back, as well as the eventual dramatic collapse of the idea that once evil always evil, when Vader kills Palpatine

Daddy

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on September 09, 2008, 11:37:32 AM
i like the one where they have that lightsaber fight.

oh god the lightsaber duel in episode IV is so laughably weak

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

sans culottes

V followed by IV. Like Kaz, I like the characterization, there's some damn cool battles, and it has a great story. It's also more Han Solo-centric than the others.
I support BUSH

Go Up