October 01, 2024, 04:41:04 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

huge disapointments - movies, music, books, whatever

Started by The artist formally known, August 21, 2008, 07:17:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Flying Circus on August 21, 2008, 07:49:53 PM
i'd actually probably like it if i was in the right mindset. I was not in the mood for something depressing or serious when i popped it in.

I will never be able to love Superbad like everyone else though, I just thought it was ok
I thought it was going to be awful but my friend said it was great and he played it for me. I thought it was actually one of the best comedies I've seen.

I pretty much hate all "comedy" movies though, most aren't funny.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Houdini

Quote from: Selkie224 on August 21, 2008, 07:20:06 PM
Hail To the Thief
It takes a while to warm up to. After In Rainbows came out I went into a phase of hating it, but now I've come to accept that it's a flawed album with a bunch of great songs.

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 21, 2008, 07:21:21 PM
Rush's Snakes and Arrows

It's not completely terrible, but it is mediocre.
That's what I thought when it first came  out, but after seeing Rush twice and giving it a few more good listens I'm really starting to appreciate it.

Quote from: reefer on August 21, 2008, 07:34:10 PM
I think Neil should show off a hell of a lot more.
As if he doesn't already show off enough psyduck;

Skylark

Rilo Kiley Under the Black Light
Harry Potter 7
Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
the book of right on

sans culottes

For most dissappointments, I don't expect much in the first place, so they don't count. I'm gonna guess that Metallica's new album will dissappoint me, but there I go again, I already expect little.
I support BUSH

Andrew1911

Quote from: Purloiner of Hares on August 21, 2008, 07:47:01 PM
<I>Punch-Drunk Love. Just annoyed the hell out of me. A shame, since it's P.T. Andersen.

diediedie

The artist formally known

Quote from: Houdini on August 21, 2008, 09:19:44 PM
As if he doesn't already show off enough psyduck;
Fuck it, make a complete drum solo album.

Houdini

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Houdini

Thyme

I know there's a whole board about the vidya already, but since I'm not that much into the other medias and since there's only one big gaming disappointment I can think of here it is:

Baten Kaitos.

Holy shit. The strangest thing is that I actually liked the battle system, but I just REALLY couldn't get into the story. It was soporific.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Mello on August 21, 2008, 07:34:42 PM
Harry Potter 7

I agree with it being a disappointment but your reasons are not exactly why it was so disappointing. For one, it seemed rushed, like JK was just trying to kill off some minor characters and have them all have a somewhat happy ending, the wandlore in this book is heavy and unnecessary, she should have just pushed the Love is Evil's greatest enemy angle instead of this force fed, wands only obey those if it is stripped from the previous owner crap. The ending overall was not that great, Harry's face-off with Voldemort was very anticlimactic and did was not as good as it could have been.

Books 1-4 were good, but books 5-7 started to lose it's steam (Maybe because the popularity for them were at an all-time high and the fame could have gone to JK's head...), with the exception of Order of the Phoenix because I enjoyed the kids being slaughtered by the Death Eaters, but even then, the fact that Harry was able to teach an entire class the Patronus charm was a bit cheap seeing as it was passed off as "advanced magic".

C.Mongler

Wolf Parade's Kissing the Beehive. Its good yeah, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Apologies To The Queen Mary

Houdini

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 22, 2008, 07:03:25 PM
Books 1-4 were good, but books 5-7 started to lose it's steam (Maybe because the popularity for them were at an all-time high and the fame could have gone to JK's head...), with the exception of Order of the Phoenix because I enjoyed the kids being slaughtered by the Death Eaters, but even then, the fact that Harry was able to teach an entire class the Patronus charm was a bit cheap seeing as it was passed off as "advanced magic".
I think Rowling just stop putting any effort into her writing because she knew her books would sell millions whether or not the were any good. 7 in particular feels like she phoned it in.

Go Up