September 27, 2024, 04:21:10 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tell me how my English paper is.

Started by hotlikesauce., August 21, 2008, 05:21:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hotlikesauce.

We had to do a myth about why something is the way it is.

(Tell my if the font doesn't work)

Why dolphins make the noise they do.

By Kevin Byington.

One day Mr. Dolphin wanted to go to the store. He went to the underwater dolphin Wal-Mart and parked in the dolphin lot.

As he walked inside, they had sample sandwiches of beef, cheddar, and catfish. He tried one, and it got stuck in his throat. He didn't take much mind to it, and continued shopping.

He went through each aisle, got his daily servings of veggies, carrots, chocolate and dolphin-nip. Down one aisle he found some toy cars and a ping pong ball. As he walked through the last aisles, he found some kitty litter ice cream (His favorite!).

He proceeded through final aisle, and made his way to the register. He heard on the radio "Hey Mr. Dolphin". He started to hum the words "Oh.. It's when you swim to me...."

The register dolphin was a fast one, and before Mr. Dolphin knew it, everything was accounted for. He started to pull out his wallet, and noticed that the sandwich was stuck in his throat. He went to the back to get a drink, and found some hair tonic.

Considering that this would help him grow his braided beard goatee, he grabbed a can and swam his fins off to the register. As he mistakenly forgot to read "Not for dolphins of any age" (Even though this was the dolphin Wal-Mart), he gulped down the whole can.

He started thanking the register, but a loud screechy like squeak came out. He tried talking again. And it still didn't work!

He became furious and enraged. So furious and outraged that he bought an infinity supply of hair tonic. What would he do with that? Why! Infiltrate every dolphins house in Dolphinia! He was so mad that he wanted every dolphin in the dolphiny land of dolphins to talk like him.

Eventually, dolphins babies were born with this defect, and it became a standard. Mr. Dolphin had actually made every dolphiny dolphin in Dolphinia lose their voice!

Det in F♯ Major

August 21, 2008, 05:29:32 PM #1 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:35:05 PM by Det. ;]
The words in your title should all have capital first letters except for the word 'the'.

Also specify what he tried in the second...paragraph. And also, when someone chokes on something, how do they NOT pay mind to it? It could ultimiately end their lives.

And carrots are veggies, Kevin.  doodthing;

Seventh paragraph, I think you mean cashier instead of register.

"He became furious and enraged. So furious and outraged" Use the same word, since you're using furious in both sentences.

"Why! Infiltrate every dolphins house in Dolphinia!" It should be "Why, infiltrate every dolphin's house in Dolphinia!"
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Det. ;] on August 21, 2008, 05:29:32 PM
The words in your title should all have capital first letters except for the word 'the'.

Oh yeah

Det in F♯ Major

ya i editid mi poast so reed it  baddood;

i luv inglish :3
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

CutLess

Is this for 2nd graders or something? doodthing;

Because your tone is way too happy-go-lucky.  I mean, if you really like writing with that tone, go ahead; however, I'd absolutely never write in that way.

Houdini

Well, the basis of the paper is faulty. Species can't actually inherit acquired traits.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on August 21, 2008, 05:48:49 PM
Well, the basis of the paper is faulty. Species can't actually inherit acquired traits.

haven't you seen teh hills have eyes  baddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hipster Mipster on August 21, 2008, 05:21:02 PM
We had to do a myth about why something is the way it is.

(Tell my if the font doesn't work)

Why dolphins make the noise they do.

By Kevin Byington.

One day Mr. Dolphin wanted to go to the store. He went to the underwater dolphin Wal-Mart and parked in the dolphin lot.

As he walked inside, they had sample sandwiches of beef, cheddar, and catfish. He tried one, and it got stuck in his throat. He didn't take much mind to it, and continued shopping.

He went through each aisle, got his daily servings of veggies, carrots, chocolate and dolphin-nip. Down one aisle he found some toy cars and a ping pong ball. As he walked through the last aisles, he found some kitty litter ice cream (His favorite!).

He proceeded through final aisle, and made his way to the register. He heard on the radio "Hey Mr. Dolphin". He started to hum the words "Oh.. It's when you swim to me...."

The register dolphin was a fast one, and before Mr. Dolphin knew it, everything was accounted for. He started to pull out his wallet, and noticed that the sandwich was stuck in his throat. He went to the back to get a drink, and found some hair tonic.

Considering that this would help him grow his braided beard goatee, he grabbed a can and swam his fins off to the register. As he mistakenly forgot to read "Not for dolphins of any age" (Even though this was the dolphin Wal-Mart), he gulped down the whole can.

He started thanking the register, but a loud screechy like squeak came out. He tried talking again. And it still didn't work!

He became furious and enraged. So furious and outraged that he bought an infinity supply of hair tonic. What would he do with that? Why! Infiltrate every dolphins house in Dolphinia! He was so mad that he wanted every dolphin in the dolphiny land of dolphins to talk like him.

Eventually, dolphins babies were born with this defect, and it became a standard. Mr. Dolphin had actually made every dolphiny dolphin in Dolphinia lose their voice!
3rd paragraph: it should be "getting," not "got"
5th paragraph: what det said

Also, it is way too childish for whatever grade you're in, unless part of the assignment is to write it for like a 3 year old

Kalahari Inkantation

Like everyone else has said, it's very childish. The title could be better, and if I were choking on something, I'd pay attention to it. doodthing;
Also, what's a "Mr. Dolphin" doing buying toy cars and a ping pong ball? befuddlement
and why on earth would you drink hair tonic

Selkie

I really don't know whether or not this is a joke...

Daddy

Houdini

Yeah, considering your age you should be ashamed of this.

Det in F♯ Major

Also why would Dolphin Wal-Mart sell products harmful to dolphins.  baddood;

Geno

Mippo is just asking for a dipshitting
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up