October 05, 2024, 02:53:56 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'd like some opinions on these supposedly good Gamecube games

Started by Samus Aran, August 20, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Because I'd like to get some more good Gamecube games to add to my collection. Plus I'm trying to make a sort of wish list for Christmas because my relatives are already bugging me for gift ideas.

Viewtiful Joe (only watched it played)
Killer 7
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin 2
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (never played a PoP game other than the original one)

And you're free to list anything else you think I might not have, but don't count on hitting home considering I have most of the "must-haves" that aren't on the above list already.

Houdini

Placebo Headwound

Geno

everything on that list except Battalion wars ewww

or just get a 360
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

don't let's

I didn't really care for Battalion Wars. And I've only played the demo for Viewtiful Joe and I thought it was ok.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on August 20, 2008, 06:31:53 PM
Atleast get a current gen system besides the Wii.  baddood;

Why would I? There's hardly anything I want in this generation.

Knig

Viewtiful Joe and VJ2 are pretty good side-scrollin' beat-'em up games.

Baten Kaitos has a really good story for an RPG, but the creators were too lazy to make decent cutscenes.

(Oh God, Geldoblame.  >.< )

I liked it, but that only may be because I'm a RPG nut. The card/deck battling system is really good though, and there's a unique time system involved where your cards (which represent items or attacks) can change for the better or for worse (e.g. milk can age into cheese, but then the cheese can get too moldy). It should go for pretty cheap by now, but I don't know how easy it'll be to find.

I heard Pikmin 2 and Killer 7 were good, but I don't know about the other titles.

Samus Aran

Quote from: AlienJMV290 on August 20, 2008, 07:50:03 PM
MEGAMAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, IT'S ONLY $10

I may look into that. See, I know that eventually I won't pay much attention the game because I want to own the original versions too...but that might actually be a long time from now because other than those games the NES is not much of a priority...

So yeah, maybe.

Samus Aran

Also, doesn't anyone have any opinions on Eternal Darkness of Killer7?  :|

Samus Aran

The artist formally known

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Viewtiful Joe
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin 2

These are all great games, must own in my opinion.

Linkjge

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 20, 2008, 07:11:38 PM
Why would I? There's hardly anything I want in this generation.

What are your favorite genre's/types of games?

I could find something on any system that may appeal to you.

Personally I would say upgrade to different consoles considering the only few last gen games you are in need of really aren't that grade in the list, except for maybe Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 (Only because I never played it)

Samus Aran

Quote from: Linkjge on August 21, 2008, 10:50:32 PM
What are your favorite genre's/types of games?

I could find something on any system that may appeal to you.

Personally I would say upgrade to different consoles considering the only few last gen games you are in need of really aren't that grade in the list, except for maybe Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 (Only because I never played it)

Yes, I'm sure you could find something, but most likely not enough to convince me to get a new console.

And honestly I like almost every type of game other than sports and generic war shooters. Adventure, RPG, and platformer are probably my favorite three though.

But that doesn't mean I want to shell out cash for a 360 or a PS3.

Go Up