July 04, 2024, 02:19:16 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I saw The Hold Steady live

Started by C.Mongler, August 16, 2008, 10:32:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

holy shit they were amazing, 2 encores, the second one was not planned like most encores are, it was so sweet

anyone else like the hold steady

Houdini

There's nothing special about doing extra encores. Most bands I've seen did a second encore.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Houdini on August 16, 2008, 10:45:58 PM
There's nothing special about doing extra encores. Most bands I've seen did a second encore.

bands i see never do, except for radiohead, but then again, theirs too was planned.

liek the stage crew packed half their shit up, but no one would leave the club so their were like 'fuck'

Houdini

Quote from: C Mongler on August 16, 2008, 10:48:59 PM
bands i see never do, except for radiohead, but then again, theirs too was planned.

liek the stage crew packed half their shit up, but no one would leave the club so their were like 'fuck'
It's still not enough to make it amazing. I'm sure it was a good show, but a second encore isn't super special. Any band that really gives a shit will do that.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Houdini on August 16, 2008, 11:03:24 PM
It's still not enough to make it amazing. I'm sure it was a good show, but a second encore isn't super special. Any band that really gives a shit will do that.

i dont mean second encore, i meant genuine encore, and besides thats not the discushin point

this is a hold steady thread

Gamosan

Apologies if this topic is somewhat old, but The Hold Steady is like the most amazing band ever. You're such a lucky bastard to go! They only play little club shows, and Minneapolis being the former home of Craig, they sell out in the half an hour every time.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Gamosan on September 04, 2008, 04:39:50 AM
Apologies if this topic is somewhat old, but The Hold Steady is like the most amazing band ever. You're such a lucky bastard to go! They only play little club shows, and Minneapolis being the former home of Craig, they sell out in the half an hour every time.
Little club shows are always the best shows.

Gamosan

It's true, but once you reach the point that your shows are selling out in under a day, where even big fans can't manage to get tickets, then you're clearly playing in an undersized venue.

C.Mongler

Our show sold out but I got tickets the minute they went on sale. It was really awesome though, I'd see them again sometime.

Go Up