October 05, 2024, 05:19:59 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mario Kart Wii sucks

Started by strongbad, August 10, 2008, 06:58:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 10, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
lol, battle sucked so hard in double dash though

but yeah, racing 2P was fun in double dash

Honestly though, about the OP's issues, powersliding is still fairly easy in MKWii and I don't see how anyone can have such a hard time with it. I really don't have any more trouble with MKWii than any other MK game. Pretty sure everyone's been overreacting about their frustrations. The only thing I really dislike about MKWii is that you can't do multiplayer Grand Prix modes.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. For the powersliding, I liked it better when you could snake like in MKDS. You could charge up your powerslide to the max in a fraction of a second and dominate every turn (and straight away...), but instead, you have to stay in your turn for like 3 fucking seconds before you get a good boost.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 10, 2008, 09:15:42 PM
What's wrong with them? Most of them are the same as they have been, although I admit that the fact that false ? blocks no longer block shells caught me off guard. I dunno though, maybe that new rule was in DS too, but I skipped that one, so whatever.
It's not the items themselves, it's just how you get fucking raped if you're in first place.

BLUE KOOPA SHELL

THUNDER

RED KOOPA SHELL

INVINCIBLE STAR KART BEHIND YOU

oh god ;-;

I did enjoy the inclusion of tricks and bikes though, bikes especially.

strongbad

Actually, I don't think that the problem is the items, but it's more that you can get strong items when you're only in like 6th place. With so many racers getting strong items, it's a huge pain in the ass.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Davie on August 10, 2008, 09:25:48 PM
I guess I didn't make myself very clear. For the powersliding, I liked it better when you could snake like in MKDS. You could charge up your powerslide to the max in a fraction of a second and dominate every turn (and straight away...), but instead, you have to stay in your turn for like 3 fucking seconds before you get a good boost.

Oh. I never played MKDS so I didn't know they made it so easy in that one. I'm used to MK64 so I'm fine with the normal powersliding rather than the super-fast snaking anyway. It gets me by fine considering I haven't gotten anything but gold trophies on every GP so far.

Quote from: Cammykins on August 10, 2008, 09:37:36 PM
It's not the items themselves, it's just how you get fucking raped if you're in first place.

BLUE KOOPA SHELL

THUNDER

RED KOOPA SHELL

INVINCIBLE STAR KART BEHIND YOU

oh god ;-;

I did enjoy the inclusion of tricks and bikes though, bikes especially.

i'm usually far enough ahead that it doesn't make that much of a difference, really, except maybe in 150cc or something

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 10, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
lol, battle sucked so hard in double dash though

but yeah, racing 2P was fun in double dash

best part was the way you could play one player but if you were good enough you could switch your racer right before you hit an item so you'd be able to hold 2 items at once.

Claquesous

Quote from: Flying Circus on August 10, 2008, 07:04:16 PM
Favorite is 64

Yes. This was back in the time when I would play with friends. Nowadays it's nothing but online, rarely person to person interaction I miss that. As much as MKWii's items annoy me, I'd say Double Dash is my least favorite. I never bought it because I hate the two people in one kart gimmick. When I did play it, I hated the way it felt. Too loose or something.

Kalahari Inkantation

i like double dash most because of the co op
second favorite MK game baddood;

Nyerp

i like mkds because of the tracks, the music, and the powersliding

UnagiPower

i like MKDS cause it was portable

and it worked just as well as any console version

strongbad

Knig

I've tried every MK but the Wii version, so I can't really comment on that.

My least favorite would have to be the SNES version. The controls and visuals are really lacking comparing to the later ones, so I never got deep in it.

Classic

Sorry, MKWii is my favorite version.
I agree with the items. A banana in 6th? WTF?

And I miss the 2P grand prix mode.

Other than that, it's my favorite. Least favorite is GBA.

Lozal

I actually like Mario Kart Wii.  doodthing;

My favorite is a tie between DS and Wii, least favorite is 64.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up