October 01, 2024, 01:06:41 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Smashing Pumpkins

Started by The artist formally known, July 17, 2008, 01:03:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Why do they have so many crappy songs?

Only songs out of the 10 I skimmed through I like are the ones I've already heard.

Tonight, Tonight and 1979

The artist formally known

Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans is pretty cool  befuddlement

Nate

They were pretty damn awesome live.

Dullahan

They make nice nostalgic songs. They also put a little more rock-theme into them as well. I'm glad they reunited.

fox127

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is a masterpiece, I love it.

Houdini

Quote from: Nathan on July 17, 2008, 01:31:54 PM
They were pretty damn awesome live.
Really? When I saw them live, I thought they were pretty mediocre. Keep in mind that this is coming from a fan of their records.

Reaper, the Smashing Pumpkins are notoriously spotty in regards to songwriting. Your best bet is to listen to their album Siamese Dream, which is pretty good the whole way through.

Sam

I remember I dated this guy who was obsessed with them. And it was right when I met Shaun on Nsider (the NOA) who happened to also really like them. ..And the guy I as with was named Sean. COINCIDENCE?
That lasted like 3 weeks. 

Once I heard a medley of music on PVC tubing and they played 1979 and some tune from Donnie Darko, so now I can't hear 1979 without thinking of Donnie Darko.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Nate

Quote from: Houdini on July 17, 2008, 07:03:35 PM
Really? When I saw them live, I thought they were pretty mediocre. Keep in mind that this is coming from a fan of their records.

Reaper, the Smashing Pumpkins are notoriously spotty in regards to songwriting. Your best bet is to listen to their album Siamese Dream, which is pretty good the whole way through.

I saw them at Red Rocks, and from what I heard, they were pretty good on their performance there.

NewarkWilder

Siamese Dream and Gish are pretty solid.
Mellon Collie is really really uneven.
Adore is pretty damn good in its own right.
Everything after that is good at times and unbelievably terrible at others.

Dullahan

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 18, 2008, 02:40:00 PM
Siamese Dream and Gish are pretty solid.
Mellon Collie is really really uneven.
Adore is pretty damn good in its own right.
Everything after that is good at times and unbelievably terrible at others.
I think Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is their most notable album up to date.

sans culottes

The Pumpkins are great, but I hate Billy Corgan's voice. It's annoying and ruins a lot of their songs for me. (And this is coming from a guy who listens to Mudhoney)
I support BUSH

luna

TODAY IS THE GREATEST
DAY I'VE KNOWN
CAN'T LIVE FOR TOMORROW
TOMORROW'S MUCH TOO LONG

other words idk

Andrew1911

Siamese Dream is their only consistantly great record. Mellon Collie is loaded with too many overlong shit songs while it's got some great material on it. If Mellon Collie was trimmed down to a single LP, it would've be better than Siamese Dream.

Go Up