September 28, 2024, 04:26:52 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Okay, seriously guys... Masquerade ;-;

Started by Sam, June 27, 2008, 02:13:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Sammie on June 27, 2008, 02:27:40 PM
I said "internet/anime" and since leekspin is closely related to that gif of the chick from bleach spinning a leek... ta-da. And yeah, tghe Haruhi Dance was included in that random bunch.

The chick's name is Orihime, and the thing is retarded.
Haruhi Dance is terribly cliched, it's been done to death at conventions, do not do it, no one will be impressed.

QuoteI'm being Marta   now because I know when the game comes out there will be way way way too many people cosplaying as her.

No one will recognize you. doodthing;
I don't like to do common cosplays, but most of the time the best character designs are overdone. So I'm doing it now- and I'm doing it well- so that people have something to look up to in the future.

Lol
QuoteI'm just trying to establish myself in the cosplay world.

If you are trying to do that you need to get to better bigger conventions, no one cares if you visit the same one over and over again.

Quote[spoiler] By the way... she might be Bunny Haruko. ;)[/spoiler]

Photos in costume y/n

Hiro

Quote from: Hooded Crow on June 27, 2008, 02:31:22 PM
well yeah just the eyes and paleness
even less on the eyes though

She should be doing Holy Diver, anyways.
Holy diver the Dio song?

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 27, 2008, 02:33:26 PM
lIf you are trying to do that you need to get to better bigger conventions, no one cares if you visit the same one over and over again.

..I'm going to Otakon too.  baddood;

And I know it's cliched, that's why I'm asking for help. ;-; I really want to do something, but if it's dancing to shitty song, I'm not gonna. >.>

Any actual non-music "skit" ideas?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

Quote from: Sammie on June 27, 2008, 02:36:39 PM

And I know it's cliched, that's why I'm asking for help. ;-; I really want to do something, but if it's dancing to shitty song, I'm not gonna. >.>

do the video I showed you ;-;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Sammie on June 27, 2008, 02:36:39 PM

I hate that shit. And those characters are too unrelated. Don't do it.

Sam

Quote from: Hooded Crow on June 27, 2008, 02:31:22 PM
well yeah just the eyes and paleness
even less on the eyes though

She should be doing Holy Diver, anyways.

Actually, generally speakiong I like to only do cosplays with blue or sometimes green eyes.

Reason being I'm a huge perfectionist and for close-up shots I don't want to have blue eyes when they're supposed to be red or yellow... I know it's not a big deal, but that really bothers me for some reason. >.>

And colored contacts are fucking expensive.

The girl who's being Haruko actually has greenish brown eyes that have a definite yellow tint to them, it'll work well. :P

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 27, 2008, 02:38:59 PM
I hate that shit. And those characters are too unrelated. Don't do it.

Best skit I've ever seen at a con: [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=POLexfDzgdI[/youtube]
Yeah, the unrelated character thing sucks. :(

Hiro

Quote from: Sammie on June 27, 2008, 02:39:34 PM
Actually, generally speakiong I like to only do cosplays with blue or sometimes green eyes.

Reason being I'm a huge perfectionist and for close-up shots I don't want to have blue eyes when they're supposed to be red or yellow... I know it's not a big deal, but that really bothers me for some reason. >.>

And colored contacts are fucking expensive.

The girl who's being Haruko actually has greenish brown eyes that have a definite yellow tint to them, it'll work well. :P
lol

NOW DO THE DAICON IV

FullmetalGanon

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Sammie on June 27, 2008, 02:41:46 PM
Best skit I've ever seen at a con: [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=POLexfDzgdI[/youtube]
Yeah, the unrelated character thing sucks. :(

that shit sucks. I didn't lol at all. It's too cheesy. All skits are cheesy. Skits suck in general.  Unless the characters are related in some way, don't do a skit, it'll only end in embarrassment. The stupid cliche dancing thing is the only thing that will work with such random characters.

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 27, 2008, 02:44:24 PM
that shit sucks. I didn't lol at all. It's too cheesy. All skits are cheesy. Skits suck in general.  Unless the characters are related in some way, don't do a skit, it'll only end in embarrassment. The stupid cliche dancing thing is the only thing that will work with such random characters.

Well, quite honestly, the crowd at Connecticon will not be full of Kono's.  baddood;

They found that funny, and I found it funny. I agree that the  skit will more than likely suck with unrelated characters, unless I can think of something amazingly witty. But even if you think "skits suck in general", they really don't.. so don't blow off the idea of one just because you don't like it.

Hiro

Daicon IV makes more sense if you see Daicon III.
Damn that would make a kick-ass show.

Karel

Quote from: Hiro! on June 27, 2008, 02:35:55 PM
Holy diver the Dio song?
Holy Diver, you're the star of the masquerade.
No need to look so afraid.

Sam

Quote from: FullmetalGanon on June 27, 2008, 02:43:38 PM

FMA is among the overdone cosplays that I will try to avoid for the next 10 years. FMA is actually my favorite anime by far, not that I watch much, but there are just SOO many fma cosplayers, especially winry, ed, and Hughs.

That's also why I avoid Naruto and Death Note.

Go Up