July 02, 2024, 12:13:50 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Download this NOW

Started by KonohaShinobi, June 11, 2008, 08:10:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

If you're like me, you probably have never heard of Wales. Well, he is a rapper, and has just released the greatest mixtape EVER. I discovered it as I read Entertainment Weekly (Yes I read EW and it is delivered to me.) along with "Mexican Cat Dance" which is some retarded YouTube video  (Seriously, it's fucking iditotic. http://youtube.com/watch?v=szqoIB52ij8) Diablo Cody said she was obsessed with on the last page of the same issue of the Wale plug. But that's besides the point, this mixtape, entitled, The Mixtape About Nothing, is badass. Seriously, just listen to the opening. His style is similar to Lupe in terms of his lyrics and general flow. And if you're wondering, yes it is based on the hit NBC sitcom, Seinfeld. But even if you do not know a thing about Seinfeld, it doesn't take anything away from the mixtape.

You can download it from here:
http://www.elitaste.com/blog/2008/05/30/ladies-and-gentlementhe-mixtape-about-nothing/

greatest free album you will ever listen to.

Meyer Lansky

I'm way ahead of you. I d/l'ed and have been listening since it dropped May 30. I wouldn't compare him to Lupe because IMO they're styles aren't similar at all. Wale is heavily influenced by go-go since he is from DC while Lupe is overall just an amazing lyricist. But that's another discussion for another time.

I have to say my favorite tracks would be "The Freestyle (Roc Boys)" (simply because I still fucking love this beat, even 8 months later), "The Kramer", "The Crazy", "The Manipulation" and "The Artistic Integrity".

I think Wale has a bright future and hopefully he gets a good push from his label, one that has been notorious for not supporting their artists well. I'm looking forward to his first studio album.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Fredo on June 11, 2008, 09:52:17 AM
I'm way ahead of you. I d/l'ed and have been listening since it dropped May 30. I wouldn't compare him to Lupe because IMO they're styles aren't similar at all. Wale is heavily influenced by go-go since he is from DC while Lupe is overall just an amazing lyricist. But that's another discussion for another time.

I have to say my favorite tracks would be "The Freestyle (Roc Boys)" (simply because I still fucking love this beat, even 8 months later), "The Kramer", "The Crazy", "The Manipulation" and "The Artistic Integrity".

I think Wale has a bright future and hopefully he gets a good push from his label, one that has been notorious for not supporting their artists well. I'm looking forward to his first studio album.

ah yes, the go-go's. I can see where you're coming from.

My favorite tracks are "The Opening Title Sequence" (I'm a huge fan of the sitcom, and to hear someone spit on a remix of the opening song was total badass, not to mention it was pretty funny having Wale poke fun of everything), "the kramer" (speaks the truth and the change of tone was welcoming),"the cliche lil wayne feature","vacation from ourselves", and "the crazy".

Daddy

I found it on Demonoid but no one was seeding it.  :(

Lovefoxxx

lulz seinfield is like the last thing i'd expect anyone to rap about, well i guess it's better than rapping about good old bitches & hos

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 11, 2008, 04:30:55 PM
lulz seinfield is like the last thing i'd expect anyone to rap about, well i guess it's better than rapping about good old bitches & hos
Goes to show how little you know about rap.

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: Fredo on June 11, 2008, 05:29:30 PM
Goes to show how little you know about rap.

I C WUT U DID THERE  madood;

Meyer Lansky

UnagiPower

Go Up