September 26, 2024, 09:21:32 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Rhetorical Question....

Started by Boyager, June 08, 2008, 07:51:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boyager

You meet a person and play video games with him/her. You talk every once in a while also. The person has been in a relationship for 2 years and you are single. The person sudden comes out and says that they like you. You are friends with the person's boy/girlfriend. The person has already told your friend that he/she likes you. You had no idea this was going to happen. What would you do? doodthing;

Boyager

First I'd decide whether or not  lke the person back.

Then I'd ask my friend  if she cared. Chances are, she would. After two years? She definitely would. Even if she said no. So I probably wouldn't UNLESS I reeeelllly liked the guy.

Boyager

Go slow. Let them break up for awhile.

Boyager

Start it off slow because they've been in like some 2 year relationship and he's probably asking to go out because most likely he's trying to get someone jealous. :0

Boyager

Quote from: Boyager on June 08, 2008, 07:53:44 AM
First I'd decide whether or not  lke the person back.

Then I'd ask my friend  if she cared. Chances are, she would. After two years? She definitely would. Even if she said no. So I probably wouldn't UNLESS I reeeelllly liked the guy.

I do. :(

Uhg, I feel like a bastard. The relationship these two are in right now is really open. She told my friend like a week before I had any clue she liked me. I don't want to screw anything up, but she wants me to be open and not think about my friend... because that is between them. I am not part of that. It's so confusing.

Boyager

Quote from: Boyager on June 08, 2008, 07:56:17 AM
Start it off slow because they've been in like some 2 year relationship and he's probably asking to go out because most likely he's trying to get someone jealous. :0

She said she didn't want to get into anything like right away... but she wanted to say it forthright.

Boyager

This sounds like something Haunted would post.

Boyager

Boyager

Boyager

It's hypothetical, not rhetorical you big dummy

Boyager

Boyager

Boyager

befuddlement

Umm...

a Rhetorical Questionencourage the listener to reflect on what the implied answer to the question must be.

...No answer is given because you already know the answer.

Boyager

Quote from: Boyager on June 08, 2008, 07:29:54 PM
befuddlement

Umm...

a Rhetorical Questionencourage the listener to reflect on what the implied answer to the question must be.

...No answer is given because you already know the answer.
This has been said before, and as I pointed out, it's instead a hypothetical question

Go Up