July 02, 2024, 11:43:33 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT good manga

Started by Lozal, June 07, 2008, 12:22:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: houdini on June 09, 2008, 11:38:31 AM
Oh wait, we're talking about manga.

Well, it still sucks.

so there isnt any anime/manga you deem worthy? Not even Akira, or the Studio Ghibli films (and i know they're not techically anime but who cares)

Houdini

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 09, 2008, 11:45:14 AM
so there isnt any anime/manga you deem worthy? Not even Akira, or the Studio Ghibli films (and i know they're not techically anime but who cares)
I like anime/manga. I just don't like Bleach.

KonohaShinobi

Bleach is fairly decent. It's better than Naruto, then again tons of manga/anime are better than Naruto.

D.GrayMan is cool

REBORN! is hilarious

And how come no one has mentioned Fruits Basket?! FUCKING AWESOME.

And on the note of fillers: Bleach's fillers are "better" but fillers all together suck so whatever, if the manga is available I will read the manga over the anime anyway.

Gin

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 02:20:42 PM
most of the people here probably think 'good manga' is an oxymoron or something (given that they have the brain cells to know what an oxymoron is and come to terms with the mind-boggling cocnept)

anyway there are some really good manga if you like the more mature, darker stuff such as Gantz, Claymore, Bleach, Basilisk, Akira, Ghost In the Shell, Death Note and so forth

Bleach isn't "mature" at all. Also, on the topic of how good Bleach is, I'm going to agree with Houdini on this, it's mediocre at best and at the same level of Naruto. The story isn't anything special, the plot/character interactions are bleh-decent. The main thing Bleach does good is unique character designs, which any manga should have anyway.

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: Gin on June 11, 2008, 06:00:30 PM
Bleach isn't "mature" at all. Also, on the topic of how good Bleach is, I'm going to agree with Houdini on this, it's mediocre at best and at the same level of Naruto. The story isn't anything special, the plot/character interactions are bleh-decent. The main thing Bleach does good is unique character designs, which any manga should have anyway.

ur avatar =  befuddlement ?

anyway what exactly do you mean by unique characters?

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 11, 2008, 07:13:27 PM

My name is KonohaShinobi and I just thoroughly bashed Naruto a few posts ago, lol.

By Unique I think he means the design and personality of the characters.

Gin

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 11, 2008, 07:13:27 PM

Unique characters as in the actually physical appearance of the characters. Also, the name and avatar are simply because Gin is one of my favorite characters out of all the series I've read.

V

Go Up