July 02, 2024, 12:11:28 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT well known bands that you like

Started by Andrew1911, June 04, 2008, 11:40:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

I FUCKING HATE INDIE SNOBS.

They're just horrible. They reject anything that could be played on a radio, flex their e-peens when they find a new band, and think they're the kings of the music world. Morons.

It's a very lonely world for a straightfoward rock n' roll guy like me. Everyone's either mainstreamed, an indie snob, or a metalhead.
I support BUSH

Skylark

Indie Snobs are terrible.

But I actually think it's more frequent to see die-hard classic rock fans be music snobs than indie kids.
the book of right on

Lovefoxxx

June 07, 2008, 03:08:21 PM #47 Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:16:33 PM by Lovefoxxx
No you'd be surprised how easy it is to find an indie snob, half of my friends are like that ffs
Indie is for stupid teenage kids who think they're the centre of the fucking universe, and are constantly bitching about how awful their life is, and how that makes them 'in touch with their emotions', like the whole word should stop and pay attention to their faggy emotional issues for a second...i.e. the sorta kids in shows like One Tree Hill, and The OC....(though i admit i liked the OC)

general rule of thumb: Indie+Goth = Emo

Now progressive rock, that's filled with incredibly intelligent people (like me), who are allowed to be complete assholes because their taste in music really is better than yours :)

Skylark

You're as ridiculous as any indie snob.

And I'm not saying Indie kids are any good at all, generally they aren't. But I think you have indie and emo mixed up, they aren't the same thing at all.
the book of right on

Lovefoxxx

June 07, 2008, 03:15:49 PM #49 Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:21:44 PM by Lovefoxxx
Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 03:12:45 PM
You're as ridiculous as any indie snob.

And I'm not saying Indie kids are any good at all, generally they aren't. But I think you have indie and emo mixed up, they aren't the same thing at all.

the only thing that makes indie kids different to emos is the clothes, and the scene and all that shit, and indie kids are just a litle easier to cope with, oh, and indie kids are all pseudo-intellectual and think Radiohead are an awesome band, when they totally aren't  doodthing; The main point is, don't take the scene and the whole hipster attitude seriously. No one does. And if you do, well, then I'm cooler than you.

Skylark

I agree with you about radiohead.

And I think indie kids are WAY more tolerable than emos. Not just a bit. And of course they're all pseudo-intellectual. That's probably one of the worst bits about them. They are a lot better to hang out than emos are, not nearly as immature and are generally more attractive.

It's kind of like saying Punk and Goth are practically the same thing just becasue they came about around the same time. It's not truth.
the book of right on

Houdini

I think there's a trifecta of music snobs: indie kids, metalheads, and classic rockers. All three hate each other and shove their elitism down society's collective musical throat. There are other additional offenders, but these three are the words at the moment.

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 03:21:56 PM
They are a lot better to hang out than emos are, not nearly as immature and are generally more attractive.
One big difference between indie kids and emos is that indie kids have some redeeming value, whereas emos have none.

Lovefoxxx

June 07, 2008, 03:38:38 PM #53 Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:41:41 PM by Lovefoxxx
Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 03:29:24 PM
I think there's a trifecta of music snobs: indie kids, metalheads, and classic rockers. All three hate each other and shove their elitism down society's collective musical throat. There are other additional offenders, but these three are the words at the moment.

and to think i used to be all three, but thank fuck i came to and discovered the light at the end of the tunnel - prog rock [/watch me attempt to belittle everyone elses opinion (bar prog rock fans) for the remainder of the thread]

actually the worst kind of fans are mainstream elitists, i.e. mainstrem raps fans who subconciously beleive all other music is crap, except that none of them possess the sufficient brain cells to engage in intelligent conversation anyway (y'know who i mean, the types that say 2Pac is the greatest artist of all time), and people who think MTV showcases the best music to ever grace the earth, and trust me as horrible as it may seem those sorts of people do exist. what i dont understand is why Raptor Jesus hasnt killed them all like the horrible god-forsaken abominations they are

Skylark

I don't understand  how you can bash other elitists but be one yourself.
the book of right on

Lovefoxxx

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 03:42:30 PM
I don't understand  how you can bash other elitists but be one yourself.

because there's a wrong type of elitism, and a right type, and I of course am 'holier than thou could ever hope to be'

Houdini

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 03:50:40 PM
because there's a wrong type of elitism, and a right type, and I of course am 'holier than thou could ever hope to be'
There's only one kind of elitism: the stupid type.

Skylark

the book of right on

Sam

I love A7x the used, the offsprng, she wants revenge, etcetc.

Basically all of my music comesfrom well-known bands.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

[REDACTED]

Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Cocteau Twins, Radiohead, Garbage, Portishead

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Go Up