July 02, 2024, 12:39:20 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT well known bands that you like

Started by Andrew1911, June 04, 2008, 11:40:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Radiohead (they're well known i guess), Kanye West, Cheap Trick, The Cure

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 05, 2008, 07:35:57 PM
Overpriced clothing will tear us apart

Hahaha
good one ^_^
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" was actually the song that was playing (well, of course it was...)
the book of right on

Snorkel

Cursive, Weezer, The Mars Volta, The Libertines, Andrew Bird, and Gorillaz are ones that come to mind... I think most people have heard of those. My 60's-70's favorites are also almost all names that any adult or fan of classics would recognize.

Lovefoxxx

ohgawd, you're all basically saying "look at me, look at how much i adore my mainstream faggotry, now who wants to have a gay orgy with me?"  doodthing;

this thread is stupid, you should all be content in your obscure elitist circles, screw everyone else tbh =/

Houdini

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 05:45:37 AM
ohgawd, you're all basically saying "look at me, look at how much i adore my mainstream faggotry, now who wants to have a gay orgy with me?"  doodthing;

this thread is stupid, you should all be content in your obscure elitist circles, screw everyone else tbh =/
I prefer elitist squares.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on June 07, 2008, 05:45:37 AM

I didn't realize saying I like the Clash made me such a horrible person. I could care less what other people listen to

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 09:25:44 AM
I prefer elitist squares.

Quite funny. But elitists make me uncomfortable. Especially the super "indie" girls.

And to the quote of your quote. Why is it not alright to like something well-known (it says well-known, goddamnit, not mainstream.) Are you so hip that it becomes uncool to listen to something other people enjoy as well?
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 01:06:37 PM
Quite funny. But elitists make me uncomfortable. Especially the super "indie" girls.
Elitists all deserve to kicked in the face and crotch, especially the ones that say any music they don't like isn't actually music.

Skylark

Oh, I've never heard that. I hate the ones that quiz you on music. Like wtf? Especially when it's at a show...
There is this terrible group of elitists that troll all of the Plan-It-X (and Trunkspace, which is practically the same thing) shows. Always wearing the thriftiest of clothes. Even though they probably got it all at Buffalo Exchange.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 01:50:22 PM
Oh, I've never heard that. I hate the ones that quiz you on music. Like wtf? Especially when it's at a show...
I hate when that happens. One time I went to a Sonic Youth show and got quizzed on music by at least fifty different smug, American Apparel-clad douchebags. The best part was that I was the only one who knew anything about the opening band.

Skylark

ooh Sonic Youth? I bet that was a nice show.

And oh god, American Apparel. That's just a red light right there.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 02:00:59 PM
ooh Sonic Youth? I bet that was a nice show.
It was indeed.

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 02:00:59 PM
And oh god, American Apparel. That's just a red light right there.
To be fair, their clothes are really comfortable. Still, they basically serve as a warning to avoid anyone wearing them at all costs.

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 02:08:23 PM
It was indeed.

To be fair, their clothes are really comfortable. Still, they basically serve as a warning to avoid anyone wearing them at all costs.

Oh, I know that they are. Especially their shirts. A lot of band t-shirts are American Apparel (or at least it seems so here) I have this Neutral Milk Hotel t-shirt and it's got an American Apparel tag.
I went to this Kimya Dawson - Angelo Spencer - Jeffrey Lewis and the Jitters (AMAZING) show and I swear like 95% of the kids there were wearing American Apparel.

Some of them were pretty cool though. When people get too fashionable though I just can't compete.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on June 07, 2008, 02:13:39 PM
Oh, I know that they are. Especially their shirts. A lot of band t-shirts are American Apparel (or at least it seems so here) I have this Neutral Milk Hotel t-shirt and it's got an American Apparel tag.
I went to this Kimya Dawson - Angelo Spencer - Jeffrey Lewis and the Jitters (AMAZING) show and I swear like 95% of the kids there were wearing American Apparel.

Some of them were pretty cool though. When people get too fashionable though I just can't compete.
That reminds me - a lot of elitists think they're so cool because they listen to Kimya Dawson, but in reality they had never heard of her until they saw Juno. I've never seen Kimya myself, but I once passed by a club she was playing at and saw a gigantic line of about giggling quasi-anorexic indie girls all wearing American Apparel leg warmers.

Skylark

Quote from: houdini on June 07, 2008, 02:28:48 PM
That reminds me - a lot of elitists think they're so cool because they listen to Kimya Dawson, but in reality they had never heard of her until they saw Juno. I've never seen Kimya myself, but I once passed by a club she was playing at and saw a gigantic line of about giggling quasi-anorexic indie girls all wearing American Apparel leg warmers.

I've seen her play twice, this past year and the year before that.

And oh my gosh... It was so funny to see her pre-Juno show and her post-Juno show. Just the difference in the crowd was hilarious. She puts on a great show and is a nice woman. She's actually pretty hilarious.
the book of right on

Go Up