October 02, 2024, 09:24:52 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Discuss your moments of clarity

Started by Selkie, May 27, 2008, 05:26:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Yesterday I went running on the Appalachian Trail which I do often.

I got to where I wanted to go, then turned around, and went back and stopped at a beautiful lookout on protruding rocks that I often go to. I turned on Black Cherry on my MP3 player because I like listening to that song on that lookout for some reason.

And I just got a sense of realization and clarity of how beautiful life is and I shed a tear.

Those are the moments that remind me why I am still living.

YPrrrr

I feel that way when laying on my back looking up at the sky, whether it be day or night. Just imagining the infinite space beyond that is pretty amazing and beautiful. Hopefully someday I'll be able to do that with the Northern Lights above me.

Socks

Same with me, but throw in a blunt, a good golden age classic song and me running the trails in the woods near my house.

Walter

I was looking at my new HD TV and I was like, "Holy shit, so this is what it's like to be alive?". baddood;

Cookie

Daddy

Thank God for granting me this moment of clarity.

i pretty much have none  baddood;

Snorkel

I get those a lot when I'm driving places, except instead of "wow things are beautiful" it's "wow what the fuck is this shit I'm living in" and it depresses me. Occasionally I have the "wow life is amazing" feelings, but the last one I remember having was in Annecy, France in March, which to begin with is a beautiful place, but this one moment that struck me was looking out of my hotel window down this cobbled alley seeing French people open up their little Patisseries and Glaceries for the day... there was something so incredibly human about it that I really rarely observe around where I live.

Chris (JayJay)

Full Metal Ryder

I was down at the creek...watching the water go by on a summer evening...the sound of the water swishing and how clear the sky was...just brought a tear into my eye.

Kalahari Inkantation

Whenever we drive upstate or to Pennsylvania, seeing all the hills and mountains and whatnot make me thing "Wow, despit all of its problems, this place is still pretty amazing. baddood;"

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

caponehollywood

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

Trini

I had to take out the grass for the garbage men to pick up tomorrow. (They pick up our grasses on Wednesday in my area) And on my way back to the house, I looked up at the stars and was like woah.
[CENTER][/center]

Snorkel

Quote from: Trini on May 27, 2008, 06:17:33 PM
I had to take out the grass for the garbage men to pick up tomorrow. (They pick up our grasses on Wednesday in my area) And on my way back to the house, I looked up at the stars and was like woah.

why do you throw away your grass

you need grass

Go Up