September 28, 2024, 04:17:13 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

steal i want you to listen to these bands and stuff

Started by The artist formally known, May 14, 2008, 01:41:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

and thief<3

i'll only give you six, but you have to listen to them all. i checked steal's last.fm to see if he had played these bands a lot before suggesting them so yeah. hopefully you'll find something new.

age of silence - acceleration -- the lyrics don't match the music, its great
moonsorrow - suden uni -- seriously steal, this band is so amazing you'll shit your pants, if you just played them in the background, not exactly to listen to them, you'll understand them and love them.
lumsk -- violins, one of the prettiest voices ever, distorted guitars, it's a master piece. it's like portishead but metal
quo vadis -- the one from canada, the bassist is a beast. they remind me of death

and one more band, they only have one album

subterranean masquerade -- the band is very weird, they do have some growling vocals, which i think they sound terrible but thats why i like them. give the album a listen to. they're very relaxing

oh and how could you like camel and rush and not yes? i know you do, just haven't heard yes before.

and you may like spock's beard, i don't that much but you might.

Lovefoxxx

steal, i can testify that reefer is indeed recommending you awsome music \o/

Quote from: Lovefoxxx on May 14, 2008, 03:00:16 AM
steal, i can testify that reefer is indeed recommending you awsome music \o/
yes, i think that out of those, moonsorrow is probably the best  befuddlement

Hardcore

I recommended he listen to the band "Heaven shall burn".
He never did... baddood;

don't listen to portishead's third first, it's not their best

i like their other work much more.

Quote from: steal on May 15, 2008, 09:35:47 AM
reaper, get the album Focus by Cynic, it's amazing. It's like Death but with more mellow parts and way jazzier, and with a bunch of somewhat annoying robot vocals.
It's not as good as I expected but I expected a lot, I like it. The recording is shitty but... I love some black metal, so I don't really care.

Have you listened to Eternal Tears of Sorrow? They're so awesome

Quote from: steal on May 16, 2008, 10:32:27 AM
My friend recommended them to me a while ago, but the name sounded kind of lame and said friend listens to a lot of shit so I never did. I'll check them out. befuddlement
They're defiantly a band that sounds a lot different then normal. Very memorable and very very very awesome female vocals. The normal vocals are some great growls. I never suggested them to you because I always just assumed you listened to them

go for Chaotic Beauty or A Virgin And A Whore, they're the best of what i remember.

the other stuff is good but not close to how good those two albums are.

Go Up