May 14, 2024, 02:45:06 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Smarter then you think

Started by The artist formally known, May 17, 2007, 10:05:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Sony planned PS3 to do bad for the first year and few months.

Why? Because They're losing money per system sold at the moment, so if it does bad the first year or two, then that means more people will end up buying it when it is cheaper to produce and they turn a profit instead.

You think Sony has failed, but really they have had you in their hands the whole entire time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: Lawlz on May 17, 2007, 10:06:55 PM
A LIKELY EXCUSE.
You know, it actually isn't that bad for a plan.

SBKT

Still, they're banking most of the success on the Blu-Ray shit, which will turn out to be a bad move later on. As long as they make a half Decent DDR game still for it, or something that can self generate Stepfiles from Oggs or mp3's, I'm good. PReferably both.

ncba93ivyase

I just noticed the irony in the title.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tri4se

WE'RE ALL PAWNS IN SONY'S LITTLE GAME.  gonk;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tri4se on May 17, 2007, 10:29:26 PM
I'm not. I don't buy any Sony products.

Quote from: Lawlz on May 17, 2007, 10:30:06 PM
Quote from: Tri4se on May 17, 2007, 10:29:26 PM
I'm not. I don't buy any Sony products.
YOU STEAL THEM

ncba93ivyase

Morning_Glory

That's the most dumbass reason ever. The Wii is selling a shit more units a month then the PS3 and Nintendo is taking in a shit load of money. You're telling my Sony doesn't want money? That they don't want to make a profit from the start? That's a brilliant strategy.

"Hey, you guys. We won't make a profit on the PS3 for a year or two, but I'm sure people will buy it eventually!"

Heck, it's the same strategy Microsoft used for the original XBox. Build a fanbase and then get the profit. Problem is, Sony already had a huge ass fanbase. You're saying Sony does not want to get money from each and everyone of those 100 million PS2 owners?

Last month, the only console the PS3 beat in sales was the Gamecube. It sold 84k, in comparison the 360 sold 174k and the Wii 360k. It's not looking good for Sony, no matter how you spin it. Halo 3 will shit all over the PS3.

Release Halo 3 in September and get the older 360 owners to buy it. Drop the price of the 360 in November and get more gamers who want Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. Sony can't live on their 1st parties, especially with Nintendo and Microsoft putting all they have into it.

SBKT

I only really liked the ps1, the ps1 had some heavy awesome fucking RPG's, and afew good comedy ames too, like Boom Bots, or shooters Like Nanotek Warrior or N20. My fave comedy game was Tail of the Sun. Nothing better than playing a Narcoleptic Caveman.

The ps2 had no reason to have me buy one. There is now, but I still can't get it, and even then, I could probalbly play ps2 games on my Pro compy.

mariofreak55

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 17, 2007, 10:33:47 PM
That's the most dumbass reason ever. The Wii is selling a shit more units a month then the PS3 and Nintendo is taking in a shit load of money. You're telling my Sony doesn't want money? That they don't want to make a profit from the start? That's a brilliant strategy.

"Hey, you guys. We won't make a profit on the PS3 for a year or two, but I'm sure people will buy it eventually!"

Heck, it's the same strategy Microsoft used for the original XBox. Build a fanbase and then get the profit. Problem is, Sony already had a huge ass fanbase. You're saying Sony does not want to get money from each and everyone of those 100 million PS2 owners?

Last month, the only console the PS3 beat in sales was the Gamecube. It sold 84k, in comparison the 360 sold 174k and the Wii 360k. It's not looking good for Sony, no matter how you spin it. Halo 3 will shit all over the PS3.

Release Halo 3 in September and get the older 360 owners to buy it. Drop the price of the 360 in November and get more gamers who want Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. Sony can't live on their 1st parties, especially with Nintendo and Microsoft putting all they have into it.
He summed it up perfectly.

Holy shit Reaper, if the PS3 doesn't sell well now, they aren't selling well overall ever. They are banking on software sales, as are all the other companies. They don't profit off of the consoles (well, maybe Nintendo does), they profit off of the software. The only way that they'll be able to sell games, is if they sell consoles.

You don't know what you're talking about, so I'd shut the fuck up. And the thread title spells I-R-O-N-Y.

SBKT

Well, really, didn't they do the same plan with the ps2? That worked out great for them.

mariofreak55

Quote from: SBKT on May 18, 2007, 01:06:48 PM
Well, really, didn't they do the same plan with the ps2? That worked out great for them.
... They weren't losing much money on the PS2 in the first place, and that was actually selling well for the first few months. psyduck;

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Milad on May 18, 2007, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: SBKT on May 18, 2007, 01:06:48 PM
... They weren't losing much money on the PS2 in the first place, and that was actually selling well for the first few months. psyduck;

The PS2 managed to ship a million units a few days after launch in JAPAN ALONE.

Source: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html

The PS3 is getting the shit beaten out of it.

Go Up