September 28, 2024, 08:22:23 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MEGADETH, WAS AMAZING.

Started by LCK, May 10, 2008, 06:41:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

May 10, 2008, 06:41:38 AM Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 07:41:10 AM by Mr. CanKick
5-9-08
Gigantour comes to Maplewood, Minnesota

My adventure began as I was leaving the school parking lot to meet my cousin at his home, where he would then drive me to the Myth nightclub, where the concert took place. It was probably a 50 minute drive. We got there at 2:30, and the doors opened at 5. I'd say we were about 15th in line to get inside. After waiting for about an hour, we moved up to the very front because this one big guy thought we were wearing cool shirts. baddood;
The rest of the time we sat there singing random Megadeth songs in unison waiting for the doors to open. Once the doors opened, we all rushed in. The ticket checker I went to couldn't figure out what the hell to do, and I was getting pissed off. Evennttuually, he got it, then I sprinted. Yes, sprinted to the floor and got the last spot in front. I had to fight to keep that spot all through the concert. My ribs are bruised, my right leg is tired, and I've got a headache. But it was damn well worth it. I was in the very front right corner of the floor, traapppeed in the corner with this hot 22 year old chick who I thought was 14. She was awesome. Never did get a name, though.

The Bands

High on Fire
Sucked.
All 6 or so songs sounded exactly the same, vocals sucked, bass sucked, guitar was decent, drums sucked. Crowd hated it, as did I. But, what can I say? I wasn't expecting anything from them. I didn't bother taking a single picture.

Job for a Cowboy
"Rwawrwrwrwrwrwr" was all I heard. Horrible. Horrible. No pictures, although they did have a pretty cool banner.

Children of Bodom
1 of the 2 reasons I went to the concert. I lol'd when I realized they gave each band member a beer at their little "station". Janne drank at least three within two songs. I'm not sure what's so funny about it, I just wasn't expecting it.
I distinctly remember them playing Bodom after Midnight, Blooddrunk, Hellhounds on my Trail, and Everytime I die. I didn't know any others, but it was still fucking brilliant. Once they came on stage, the crowd went wild. And I literally had to fight for my life. About damn time. It was awesome.
Didn't really get many good pictures of them, but I tried. :(

Rooooope.

:(

I was as close as I could get, yet too far.

In Flames
Until last night, I had honestly never heard a song by In Flames. And I can probably go without hearing one again. I'm not saying they were horrible, they were actually pretty good. I just...didn't like it. They played way too long, and I just wanted to see Megadeth.

oy oy oy

shitty dreadlocks

ay ay ay

Megadeth
The number one reason I went.
Brilliant, I say. Brilliant. It took 'em long enough to set up the stage. But it was worth the wait. The crowd went nuts as they took the stage, not like I wasn't expecting it.
They started out with Sleepwalker, which was excellent. Then they moved on to Washington is Next. About halfway through the song, some fat guy took both his shirts off and threw them at Dave. Dave was a trooper, and ignored it for the time being. Although, after the song ended, he approached the mic, and called him out.
"Who's the fucker that threw that? Huh? Why'd you do something like that? You come here to watch me, and throw things at me? I might as well just leave now. Anyone throws anything else, I'm going backstage. Where is that fucker? Where?"
Eventually the security finds him throughout the crowd.
"You. You're a fucking idiot. Fuck you." 
Dave flips him off.
"Know what, I'm not even gonna bother, I know they(crowd) will take care of you."
Then he breaks out into Hangar 18 with intensity.
Trust, A tout le Monde, Symphony of Destruction, Burnt Ice, Peace Sells, Sweating Bullets, and many more.
They ended with Holy Wars, which was simply amazing.

"You've been great, We've been Megadeth"

oh i came
[spoiler]

Chris Broderick :|

[/spoiler]
"If I were to run for president..."
HOOOOLLLYY WAARRSS

I forgot about the "Post your crap" board. :(

Houdini

LCK

Houdini

Quote from: Mr. CanKick on May 10, 2008, 09:22:12 AM
high on fire sucked :|
Listen to one of their albums. Maybe that will change your mind. Of course, I'm not sure if their pure, sludgy heaviness can coexist with Bodom's busy, scream-laden wankery.

LCK

Quote from: Houdini on May 10, 2008, 07:05:09 PM
Listen to one of their albums. Maybe that will change your mind. Of course, I'm not sure if their pure, sludgy heaviness can coexist with Bodom's busy, scream-laden wankery.
sucked

The artist formally known

they didn't play holy wars for us, lame

The artist formally known

Quote from: Mr. CanKick on May 10, 2008, 06:41:38 AM"You've been great, We've been Megadeth"
oh my god thats awesome  befuddlement

LCK

Quote from: reefer on May 11, 2008, 12:52:07 AM
oh god holy wars was amazing

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on May 11, 2008, 12:52:07 AM
Seriously? What a ripoff.

LCK

Quote from: steal on May 11, 2008, 03:26:36 PM
argh they're playing here on the 19th and I CAN'T GO :'(

plus I missed ensiferum, turisas and tyr on friday so I'm pissed off about that too

You got some awesome pictures by the way.
Dream Theater and Opeth are gonna be here tomorrow, and I want to go so bad. But I'm broke. :(

Also

I took all those pictures with my phone. They're pretty decent for a 2 megapixel camera phone.

LCK

Lozal

I went, as well, and it was amazing. <3

CoB was amazing in the pit. <3
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Go Up