September 28, 2024, 02:29:36 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

why can i not wear band shirt to band concert

Started by C.Mongler, May 08, 2008, 04:34:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

my friend says its the rules of life. I'm seeing radiohead sunday, so i want to wear one of my 3 radiohead shirts, but he's like 'NOOOAOOOOHH". I can understand not wearing another bands shirt because its like saying ' hey i like the band playing this show, BUT I ALSO LIKE THIS ONE", but I don't really see the offensiveness of saying 'hey i like the band on my shirt, so i'm at their concert'

wut, shud i do it anyway

Wrench

yes

wear your shirt like everyone else does. fuck friends.

Houdini

Do it. Half the people who go to any concert will wear the band's shirt.

LCK

My friend today told me the exact same thing about the Megadeth concert I'm going to. baddood;

Snorkel

I wouldn't at a big show like Radiohead, just because there will be a thousand others doing it (literally). But, I guess among people who all have the same interests in one situation, who cares, right?

At small local shows I like to wear t-shirts for the bands playing, if I have any, just because it really makes small-time musicians happy to see someone is a fan enough to buy a shirt (and wear it).

C.Mongler

Quote from: Snorkel on May 08, 2008, 06:54:51 PM
I wouldn't at a big show like Radiohead, just because there will be a thousand others doing it (literally). But, I guess among people who all have the same interests in one situation, who cares, right?

At small local shows I like to wear t-shirts for the bands playing, if I have any, just because it really makes small-time musicians happy to see someone is a fan enough to buy a shirt (and wear it).

1 of my shirts is a shirt a friend made for me that says 'i (heart) thom yorke' on it. much like the I wub NY shirts. should i wear that one because its unique and fresh.

Daddy

sans culottes

Quote from: C. Mongler on May 08, 2008, 07:08:07 PM
1 of my shirts is a shirt a friend made for me that says 'i (heart) thom yorke' on it. much like the I wub NY shirts. should i wear that one because its unique and fresh.

If you're confident in your sexuality, do it.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

What I'm wondering is why you would care about what others tell you what to wear. Wear whatever shirt you want. Who gives a fuck?

Andrew1911

I didn't buy a shirt at the Radiohead concert. Fourty bucks? Jesus, Springsteen was cheaper.

Daphnia

The artist formally known

my rule is never wear band shirts

kinda makes me the target for people with their stupid quizes about bands.

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on May 10, 2008, 04:00:16 AM
my rule is never wear band shirts

kinda makes me the target for people with their stupid quizes about bands.
What, like "can you name all 4 members of Black Sabbath"? I got that one yesterday.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 09, 2008, 12:49:48 AM
I didn't buy a shirt at the Radiohead concert. Fourty bucks? Jesus, Springsteen was cheaper.

shiiiiiet, i was only going to take 40 out of the bank, better take 60. then again i might just not buy a shirt, i've got 3 already

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on May 10, 2008, 09:07:54 AM
What, like "can you name all 4 members of Black Sabbath"? I got that one yesterday.

Next time that happens to you, name them, plus mention a bunch of guys who weren't in the classic 70s line up. That'd piss them off.
I support BUSH

Go Up