September 28, 2024, 04:29:13 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite Band at the Moment?

Started by JSLink, May 05, 2008, 10:35:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

Neutral Milk hotel is easily my favorite band.
the book of right on

C.Mongler

Quote from: 36 on May 06, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
Pavement
Quote from: skylark-e on May 14, 2008, 07:06:33 PM
Neutral Milk hotel is easily my favorite band.

Sweet choices. As for me, Radiohead as usual.

Lozal

Probably Finntroll at the current time and moment.

I can't get enough of that sweet Finnish folk metal.  powerofone;
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Hardcore

befuddlement

Mine would be between 3 bands at the momment.
1.Children of bodom
2.Porcupine tree
3.Rammstein

Lozal

Quote from: Hardcore on May 14, 2008, 08:07:45 PM
befuddlement

Mine would be between 3 bands at the momment.
1.Children of bodom
2.Porcupine tree
3.Rammstein
Good choices, sir.  powerofone;
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Hardcore

Quote from: Lozal on May 14, 2008, 08:14:52 PM
Good choices, sir.  powerofone;

thank you ma'dam.
I certainly do enjoy partaking in music of such elegance. powerofone;

Houdini

V

36chambers

Quote from: C. Mongler on May 14, 2008, 07:20:38 PM
Sweet choices. As for me, Radiohead as usual.

Oh god yes i love all three of those 

Karel

Billy Cobham & The George Duke Band

and just what the fuck is so great about radiohead

C.Mongler

Quote from: Cat's Squirrel on May 15, 2008, 06:27:07 PM
Billy Cobham & The George Duke Band

and just what the fuck is so great about radiohead

What's so great about Captain Beefheart

Karel

May 16, 2008, 08:36:34 AM #26 Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:25:47 AM by Cat's Squirrel
Quote from: C. Mongler on May 15, 2008, 07:23:36 PM
My post wasn't an attack. It was a modest frustration over every one's complimenting of each other for their love of Radiohead in every thread and a yearning for a post filled with their best songs, best albums, and reasons why I should bother to go to rapidshit and download their work. baddood; baddood; baddood;

And it's Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band, and they're above and beyond any discernable style of music. Their style can easily be seen as a bewilderment, but it's so much more than that. They're barely listenable at any and all times, but if you see each member as a whole different being you'll be able to see them not as a group of blues guys trying their best to piece together their different ways of executing music but rather as an enharmonic clash. And that's what makes them great, not because their sound is different or because it's unappealing to all those who don't know about it, but because they force you to change your perspective.  (not to mention Beefheart's lyrics are all fun, interesting, and will satisfy the mind)

And if you have listened to them before and found that you don't like them, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you'll never understand them like Houdini and I do.
baddood;

oh and kaz too

C.Mongler

Quote from: Cat's Squirrel on May 16, 2008, 08:36:34 AM
My post wasn't an attack. It was a modest frustration over every one's complimenting of each other for their love of Radiohead in every thread and a yearning for a post filled with their best songs, best albums, and reasons why I should bother to go to rapidshit and download their work. baddood; baddood; baddood;

And it's Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band, and they're above and beyond any discernable style of music. Their style can easily be seen as a bewilderment, but it's so much more than that. They're barely listenable at any and all times, but if you see each member as a whole different being you'll be able to see them not as a group of blues guys trying their best to piece together their different ways of executing music but rather as an enharmonic clash. And that's what makes them great, not because their sound is different or because it's unappealing to all those who don't know about it, but because they force you to change your perspective.  (not to mention Beefheart's lyrics are all fun, interesting, and will satisfy the mind)

And if you have listened to them before and found that you don't like them, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you'll never understand them like Houdini and I do.
baddood;

u didnt have to type all that, i find the captain enjoyable lol  caterpie;

Houdini

Quote from: C. Mongler on May 15, 2008, 07:23:36 PM
You will never understand.

Samus Aran

Go Up