September 28, 2024, 04:20:33 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post-rock....and shit...

Started by Lovefoxxx, April 26, 2008, 07:52:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lovefoxxx

Surely i'm not the only one who likes a bit of post, i started on PT's post stuff, and laetly i've been listening to loads of Isis and Neurosis, who are more post-metal, but tbh i'm pretty new to the genre so i dont really know who the big names are...any help?

Selkie

The only post-rock band I'm really deeply into is Explosions in the Sky.

Maybe I should get more  befuddlement

Placebo Headwound

Lovefoxxx

it's such relaxing, sensitive music, the perfect panacea to the stresses of modern life

Lovefoxxx

The artist formally known

i love scott walker's the drift

sans culottes

I'm just noting here: the term 'post-rock' doesn't make any fucking sense, lol.

My friend loves postrock but I just don't get it :/
I support BUSH

Houdini

I second everything Steal said. I also highly recommend Mogwai and Pelican.

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on April 26, 2008, 07:59:09 PM
i love scott walker's the drift
I'm not sure if I would call Scott Walker post-rock.

Snorkel

well if you are so inclined as to enjoy the post-<I>hardcore genre, I could recommend something. I'm not big on things that are usually called post-rock.

sans culottes

Quote from: Snorkel on April 26, 2008, 10:28:13 PM
well if you are so inclined as to enjoy the post-<I>hardcore genre, I could recommend something. I'm not big on things that are usually called post-rock.

I myself have never been big on anything beginning with "post-".

I have nothing against post-genres or anything, but the majority of post-grunge, post-punk, and post-hardcore that I've heard sucks. I have no real opinion on postrock though.

Is post- a cursed prefix in music?
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on April 26, 2008, 10:56:30 PM
I myself have never been big on anything beginning with "post-".

I have nothing against post-genres or anything, but the majority of post-grunge, post-punk, and post-hardcore that I've heard sucks. I have no real opinion on postrock though.

Is post- a cursed prefix in music?
Post-rock is entirely different from post-grunge and post-punk.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on April 26, 2008, 10:57:21 PM
Post-rock is entirely different from post-grunge and post-punk.

yes and as i stated, i don't have anything on it at all.

Post grunge makes me cry. You hear these bands like Hinder and Nickelback and think "Hey, if they were ten to fifteen years older, they might've played some good grunge". The only band in the post grunge group I actually like is Collective Soul, but they're not much at all like the rest of post grunge.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on April 26, 2008, 11:05:34 PM
yes and as i stated, i don't have anything on it at all.

Post grunge makes me cry. You hear these bands like Hinder and Nickelback and think "Hey, if they were ten to fifteen years older, they might've played some good grunge". The only band in the post grunge group I actually like is Collective Soul, but they're not much at all like the rest of post grunge.
If they were ten or fifteen years older, they probably would have been playing hair metal.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on April 26, 2008, 11:19:45 PM
If they were ten or fifteen years older, they probably would have been playing hair metal.

Depends on where they would be.

Seattle = early ninties, they're in a grunge band, success
Elsewhere = shitty hairband that no one cares about because nirvana is the new big thing

(By ten to fifteen years older I meant modern postrgrunge like Hinder, not the bands from the mid to late ninties)
I support BUSH

Go Up