September 28, 2024, 06:24:32 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Invisibility

Started by Walter, April 04, 2008, 02:51:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Walter

I posted this in the serious discussion on NS2, but I want to see what you guys think.

Today I overheard some kid talking nerdspeak about invisibility. I was intrigued. So I decided to look it up today and it seems to me we are a lot closer then I had previously thought in regards to simple cloaking devices.

They are developing materials that can bend light and whatnot. Many of you have probably already heard of stuff like this, but I had never actually read anything about it. In the article I found it said that they should be able to cloak any object within the next decade with relative ease. This includes cloaks that make a person invisible, like in Harry Potter. (lol) I am kind of weary on the whole thing however, I can't imagine something like this coming out so soon. What does Serious Discussion think about it?

http://www.physorg.com/news97945163.html

6M69I69B9

That would be some awesome shit for rapist. Getting your dick into a pussy and the woman can't even see you, and him running off... Naked.

Yeah, fuck invisibility.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Daddy

I can't really think of any private uses for invisibility but I'm sure there are a lot.

Quote from: Original_MIB on April 04, 2008, 02:53:12 PM
That would be some awesome shit for rapist. Getting your dick into a pussy and the woman can't even see you, and him running off... Naked.

Yeah, fuck invisibility.

smithicide;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Yeah, fuck invisibility.

You know, I find it a little worrying that the first thing you could come up with in regards to said topic is how rape would benifit. What the hell, dude.

I could see it being benificial for battlefield tactics and covert military missions. Yet, you also have to assume the enemy would have access to it as well, in time. 

It's a little to far-fetched.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Boognish on April 05, 2008, 04:49:13 PM
You know, I find it a little worrying that the first thing you could come up with in regards to said topic is how rape would benifit. What the hell, dude.

I could see it being benificial for battlefield tactics and covert military missions. Yet, you also have to assume the enemy would have access to it as well, in time. 

It's a little to far-fetched.
Rape cases are common on the news.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Himu

In the wrong hands, invisibility could be a dangerous thing.

Houdini

Quote from: Calamity on April 05, 2008, 09:30:58 PM
Seriously?

Walter

This seemed to be the conclusion for a lot of people at NS2...

But aren't guns dangerous? Should it really prevent us from being allowed to get the technology? I don't think so. Eventually the technology will get to the streets and into the wrong hands. You might as well commercialize it. I was also thinking that they may develop a way to disrupt the fabric that causes the person to be invisible; thus causing them to be visible again. Perhaps set up areas that prohibit invisibility, such as airports, locker rooms, and other areas where privacy is necessary. If the fabric's design is meant to bend the visible spectrum they may be able to send out certain waves to counter the effects. I am just making shit up though, hell if I know if it is possible.  edumacate;

Tomboh

The abortion offices will be full with surprise rape victims if this gets out. They better keep this shit private. doodthing;

Daphnia

Quote from: Houdini on April 05, 2008, 09:33:58 PM
Seriously?

This is serious discussion.

Why is this topic here, again?

Socks

Umm... a partial "invisibility" (see one dimensional) cover or suit would no where near the capability to render someone completely invisible or allow you to rape someone without exposure. Most stuff that I've seen include one of the following... In the civilian sector there is a setup where a light display projects what a camera placed behind you sees onto a medium to give the illusion of see through. It is cumbersome and still in very early stages and no where near developed enough to be seriously considered. The military has a similar thing but with thousands of nano LCD screens embedded in a uniform that act both as a camera and a display allowing (theoretically) 360 degree display hence "invisibility". It is still in the research and development stage and again no where near developed enough for the things we are discussing.

Walter

Quote from: Socks on April 06, 2008, 06:54:11 PM
Umm... a partial "invisibility" (see one dimensional) cover or suit would no where near the capability to render someone completely invisible or allow you to rape someone without exposure. Most stuff that I've seen include one of the following... In the civilian sector there is a setup where a light display projects what a camera placed behind you sees onto a medium to give the illusion of see through. It is cumbersome and still in very early stages and no where near developed enough to be seriously considered. The military has a similar thing but with thousands of nano LCD screens embedded in a uniform that act both as a camera and a display allowing (theoretically) 360 degree display hence "invisibility". It is still in the research and development stage and again no where near developed enough for the things we are discussing.

Yeah, I have heard of those projection suits too. But this is something different supposedly.  doodthing;

Feynman

Yeah, fuck invisibility.

I'm pretty sure it would be too expensive for anyone but the military, anyway.

NOA_Haunted

Yup like hiding bombs.

Socks

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on April 06, 2008, 08:08:36 PM
Yup like hiding bombs.

You think bombs are detected from visual means only?

Go Up