June 30, 2024, 02:29:41 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music organization.

Started by Daddy, April 03, 2008, 09:50:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Is anyone else really uptight and picky about making sure that their music is organized correctly?  I can't stand a misspelled artist name, incorrect spacing or capitalization, incorrect artists, duplicate songs, or anything like that.

I downloaded a torrent with 3gigs of Eminem's music about 3 months ago and I still haven't imported it into iTunes since I dread having to correct all of the tags.  :(

Another download with 35 albums finished last night.  Hopefully there isn't much to fix here.

Are you guys the same way or am I just picky?

Selkie

I'm the same exact way.

it drives me absolutely crazy if I'm scrolling my artist list and two for instance Kanye Wests come up, one spelled Kanye West and the other spelled Kayne West.

I must go to the computer and fix it immediately.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I like to have my CD's in alphabetical order in terms of who made them.

Samus Aran

I am, but somewhat differently. If I pirate music, I refuse to put what album its from in iTunes. Therefore, only albums I actually own are ever listed. This keeps my pirated stuff separate from my legitimate stuff, and also helps to show me which songs I need to look for in getting new albums.

For my CD collection, my organization is somewhat complicated.

I have two identical CD towers that sit on either side of a middle, smaller one. The two large ones on either side are for artists that I own multiple CDs by, and middle one is for stand-alones. This helps me to look and see which bands I really need more albums by.

Also, for the artists that I own multiple albums by, their CDs are placed chronologically.

sans culottes

I'm pretty OCD about music organization.

I like getting the artist, album, song, year, track listing, and all that correct. I even tag live songs as (Live) at the end.

And I get all my album artwork in, and keep it correct so it looks good in cover flow. However, I have done the wrong picture on album art. I don't want nudity on my iPod (Because I wouldn't want someone to be like "OMFG WTF YOU HAVE TITS ON UR POD" and shit), so I didn't use the correct cover of Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction.
I support BUSH

Houdini

I have my CDs in alphabetical order by artist. It's a pain in the ass to add new CDs to my collection because I have over 100.

Walter

I am the same way. Sometimes when I download stuff it comes with numbers in front of the tracks... I get so pissed off. It takes forever to fix.

sans culottes

Quote from: Zyphet on April 03, 2008, 04:33:25 PM
I am the same way. Sometimes when I download stuff it comes with numbers in front of the tracks... I get so pissed off. It takes forever to fix.

I've had worse than that, and only recently.

DL'd the first three Green Day albums, the only fields filled out was song name, and under song name it was like "## - Green Day - <album name> - <song name>"
I support BUSH

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I buy all my music legitimately so it's never a big issue.

I was going to make a comment on how pirating music sucks, but if you're robbing eminem, it's all good.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Boognish on April 04, 2008, 11:04:43 AM
I buy all my music legitimately so it's never a big issue.

I was going to make a comment on how pirating music sucks, but if you're robbing eminem, it's all good.

If it makes you feel any better, I generally only pirate stuff to try out new songs/bands so that I might buy their CDs later.

Daddy

Quote from: Boognish on April 04, 2008, 11:04:43 AM
He makes so much more doing other stuff that pirating his music wouldn't put a dent in his income.

Daphnia

I rename idiotic song names so that they please me.

Go Up