September 27, 2024, 10:24:41 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I want to try absinthe

Started by Snorkel, March 31, 2008, 06:46:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Quote from: Silent Memory on April 01, 2008, 06:14:54 PM
Drugs are for losers.
Cool kids do volunteer work and hang out at the malt shop, like me.  baddood;

Drugs are for people who aren't satisfied with reality.

Cool kids do things that can take you from reality but still not harm your body, like dream, exercise, and simply have a messed up mind enough to begin with.

Classic

Quote from: Selkie on April 01, 2008, 06:16:36 PM
Drugs are for people who aren't satisfied with reality.

Cool kids do things that can take you from reality but still not harm your body, like dream, exercise, and simply have a messed up mind enough to begin with.

Well, I'm cool.

Gladjaframpf

Honestly, I've never really cared one way or the other about drugs. If other people want to go get high then that's fine by me, but personally I'm enjoying myself just fine here in the real world.

Nyerp

I don't see a reason to do drugs.

Selkie

Quote from: Gladjaframpf on April 01, 2008, 06:20:46 PM
Honestly, I've never really cared one way or the other about drugs. If other people want to go get high then that's fine by me, but personally I'm enjoying myself just fine here in the real world.

I don't particularly enjoy the real world, but I am lucky enough to be able to have the mind to be able to escape it without drugs.

Also, the real world is necessary in small portions.

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

One time I knew this guy and he was gay but I found out he did drugs (weed) and I don't like drugs. But anyways he was gonna try and hook up with me because he thought I was "cute" but I said "Not unless you drop the drugs". He said he wouldn't so I said "Bye".

I lost a chance because I'm picky and clean. Good or bad?  :(

Selkie

Quote from: Silent Memory on April 01, 2008, 06:23:06 PM
One time I knew this guy and he was gay but I found out he did drugs (weed) and I don't like drugs. But anyways he was gonna try and hook up with me because he thought I was "cute" but I said "Not unless you drop the drugs". He said he wouldn't so I said "Bye".

I lost a chance because I'm picky and clean. Good or bad?  :(

Good.

Snorkel

Quote from: Selkie on April 01, 2008, 06:25:04 PM
Good.

Yes, good.

On your comment about drugs and escaping reality, I think that's too much of a negative thing to say. There are plenty of mind-altering substances that do absolutely no harm, have no addiction potential, and really don't even do the whole "escaping" thing. I've been dabbling in kratom lately, which is a nice little leaf... it's like an opiate, except you just get a nice euphoric glow while remaining neatly in control of things. Completely legal and healthy, too.

I've stopped doing anything illegal, because it's expensive and usually has some risk... marijuana and smoking-related issues, LSD and various things. LSD is also way too strong and long-lasting to ever be practical.

Anyway, I guess sometimes I use my magic herbs as antidepressants (and they work wonderfully), but it's not quite an escape thing. Most of the time I'm looking for some out-of-body or extrasensory experience, and I don't see anything wrong with achieving that through natural substances.

I'm definitely not saying it's okay to get addicted to heroine or meth or something in the name of a new experience -- there are bigger problems if you're even using those to begin with.

Go Up