October 04, 2024, 08:25:43 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GingaNinja

rdl

Trini

I'd like to see Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS up there. As far as I'm concerned, this is a remake of the original Fire Emblem and is brand new to the states because the original was never released her.

I let some characters die a couple of chapters before the final battle and shrugged it off, but during the credits I was entertained by the little stories of what happened to everyone for the rest of their lives. And when I got a "so and so during chapter x and was erased from the pages of history", it really bothered me because I remembered all of their dreams and aspirations.

I didn't really keep up with the details because of all the fancy names, but never lost sight of the main goal and major steps to get there. Campaign somehow held my attention for 18 hours and I've already spent 8 on a new file for the 1st level of hard. (There are five). And I'm probably never going to get to try out the wifi, whatever the hell it does for this game, but it's great and I still haven't gotten enough. I will soon be picking up the two Fire emblems for the GBA.
[CENTER][/center]

Bolivian Army

FE games take me forever to finish because I never let anyone die. :[

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Hiro

I've been on the first level of that game for months, i just quit for a few weeks each time my guy dies lol. Anyways i just started playing Advance Wars Dual Strike again, it's a great game.

rdl

Bomberman Generation for the Cube was also a great game once you get past the terrible plot.

Trini

Quote from: Bolivian Army on July 09, 2009, 08:40:21 PM
FE games take me forever to finish because I never let anyone die. :[

It's ok to let the people you get already upgraded die as pawns. They always turn out inferior to your developed  characters. n_u

Quote from: Hïro on July 09, 2009, 11:47:53 PM
I've been on the first level of that game for months, i just quit for a few weeks each time my guy dies lol. Anyways i just started playing Advance Wars Dual Strike again, it's a great game.

I've never beaten an Advance wars game. I'm on the final mission of Days of Ruin, and got stuck near the end in Dual strike. I find Fire emblem games easier and more enjoyable, but the AW series is still great. The key to Shadow Dragon is to check the range of your enemies and then place someone that can take hits (Jagen or Draug in your case) and then swarm them. Do it.  akudood;
[CENTER][/center]

Uolliac

Title

Samus Aran

Quote from: RDX on July 10, 2009, 01:02:50 AM
Bomberman Generation for the Cube was also a great game once you get past the terrible plot.

I thought it was pretty dull other than the kickass multiplayer. So...similar to most Bomberman games in that respect.

strongbad

Quote from: Ken on July 15, 2009, 10:22:55 PM
I thought it was pretty dull other than the kickass multiplayer. So...similar to most Bomberman games in that respect.

Bomberman '93 is best

Commander Fuckass

Put Fallout 3 in the 360 list
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Henry Hatsworth on July 15, 2009, 10:51:19 PM
Bomberman '93 is best

Super Bomberman 5 will always be my favorite, but it's Japan only.

Title

Quote from: Kefka on July 15, 2009, 10:58:05 PM
Put Fallout 3 in the 360 list
it's already in the PC List I believe, but Oblivion is better. Fallout 3 has a better setting but it's just not as big or technically impressive as oblivion

rdl

Quote from: Ken on July 15, 2009, 10:22:55 PM
I dunno I was like 10 or so when I played it, and it was pretty fun. I guess it must be like Bubsy or Gex where if you're a kid and you play it it's awesome.

Go Up