October 06, 2024, 02:19:12 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 01:16:11 PM
RPGs aren't hard in the least bit nor do they require skill--have a second grade reading level and you can take on anything featured in your language.

Please stop spouting these lies.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on April 03, 2008, 01:51:21 PM
Please stop spouting these lies.
Honestly, don't even attempt to argue that RPGs require any sort of skill at all or anything beyond basic English comprehension.

If you only play WRPGs, like Baldur's Gate, then you might have to know the workings of D&D, but once you know that you're set for all WRPGs. JRPGs are the easiest ones and require nothing but time qasted and not necessarily skill or practice. If you can select an attack and a healing spell, you can beat any JRPG in half the time the developers say it takes without even trying to.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 03:54:56 AM
There's no such thing as a good horror game. Some people consider games like Bioshock a horror game, but games designed for the sole purpose of scaring you, like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, are just complete shit.
silent hill 2 isn't designed just to scare you but it does a good job at it.

if you ever played it, you know its about the story which is so awesome.
you've never touched it so your opinion is shit.

JGE

Quote from: JGE on March 30, 2008, 11:50:39 PM
360:
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Dead or Alive 4
Gears of War

Wii:
No More Heroes
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy

PS3:
Ratchet and Clank Future
Warhawk

Few suggestions on my part.
How would we define a good game by the way? All of the games I listed were generally recieved well but I don't know if they can be agreed upon here. Also what are the rules on multiplatform games?

Um think you forgot to add a few from my list

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 01:34:20 PM
Ikaruga vs. Gradius
hey let's press up+down instead of left+right

whole new game, guys

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 01:20:12 PM
Just as all FPSes are, except shmups have fun added to them.

Also, Half Life is a terrible series.

you played like 60% of Half Life 2, what the fuck

also so i can be an obvious troll too, things that suck:
Metroid Prime Series: Its confusing and boring as fuck, also shitty backtrackan game.
Gradius: Oh boy its like i really have a shield
Earthbound: Generic RPG is generic. Oh boy a hippie, charactars r now so unique, game is awsim. Also battle system wasnt, and still isnt anything special.
Mother 3: Gee sure is dont know what the fuck is going on around here. I was promised emotional sprites that show me how to play and what was going on liars
Any sonic: LIVE AND LEARN
Professor Layton: hey which chairs are the best for a convention, oh i know the ones that can be stacked the best PUZZLES

okay im bored bye

Lawlz, I love you but you speak your mind about things you never tried before.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tomboh on April 03, 2008, 03:31:38 PM
hey let's press up+down instead of left+right

whole new game, guys
FPS vs. Any other FPS

my people are oppressed and i must fight vs. your people are claiming to be oppressed and i'm wiping them out

control schemes are the same and if you can play one FPS you'll have no trouble beating any other.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 10:03:34 PM
if you can play one FPS you'll have no trouble beating any other.
eh not really.

FPS games usually dont have shit of a difference between different games.
though condemned and halo 3 are entirely different games. condemned is a survival horror FPS game.

but yes, most FPS games aren't that original

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

FPS vs. Any other FPS

my people are oppressed and i must fight vs. your people are claiming to be oppressed and i'm wiping them out

control schemes are the same and if you can play one FPS you'll have no trouble beating any other.
hey i'm a generic fly object and i shoot bullets/lazors

I just described every shmup ever.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Not Sid on April 03, 2008, 10:08:51 PM
hey i'm a generic fly object and i shoot bullets/lazors

I just described every shmup ever.
But it's got some subgenres so just because you can survive a bullet hell it doesn't mean you can survive the more environmentally focused ones and vice versa and all that.

Tomboh

April 03, 2008, 10:15:45 PM #116 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:23:25 PM by Tomboh
FPS vs. Any other FPS

ok so FPSs are the same. i agree with that mostly, because i only have 1 fps.

im only here to argue AGAINST shumps, not FOR FPSs.

Samus Aran

again

turok vs. call of duty

completely different

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 11:48:49 PM
again

turok vs. call of duty

completely different
And Turok is complete and utter shit and thus doesn't belong in this thread.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 11:55:14 PM
And Turok is complete and utter shit and thus doesn't belong in this thread.

again

it's completely different

and it is a FPS series

regardless of its suckishness (which I can agree on), it is a very different series from most FPS games

just as many shmups are quite different, many FPS games are quite different

but generally speaking, any games of the same genre will bear many similarities, thus the whole fucking purpose of grouping them together in the first place

now quit blabbering your "every game is practically the same" shit, because it applies to any genre

Go Up