June 30, 2024, 02:43:52 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ugh my friend Pink Floyd was "overrated as shit"

Started by The artist formally known, March 14, 2008, 02:09:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Samus Aran

Well...they kind of are. Especially DSOTM and The Wall.  doodthing;

guff

Feynman

sans culottes

He said that 'cause of posers, probably. Half of the kids wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt haven't even heard the entire album. Pink Floyd is amazing, kick his balls one day. When he says "What was that for?" say "You think Floyd is overrated".

Also Kaz, DSOTM and The Wall are highly praised, but they're still fucking amazing.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on March 14, 2008, 07:10:09 PM
Also Kaz, DSOTM and The Wall are highly praised, but they're still fucking amazing.

I could never bring myself to call The Wall "fucking amazing." DSOTM is a damn good album, but The Wall needs some trimming down big time. And maybe it's just me, but listening to Waters whine so much gets annoying after a while. It's a good album, but they've got much better work.

sans culottes

Eh, I still love it. Comfortably Numb, Young Lust, Another Brick In The Wall (I like all parts), Hey You, Run Like Hell, Mother, In The Flesh, In The Flesh?, all great. Out of all the Floyd albums, The Wall has the greatest amount of songs I totally love. What their best album is, idk.

EH GUYS, HOW ABOUT SUM MEDDLE?
I support BUSH

Daddy

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 14, 2008, 07:16:29 PM
Eh, I still love it. Comfortably Numb, Young Lust, Another Brick In The Wall (I like all parts), Hey You, Run Like Hell, Mother, In The Flesh, In The Flesh?, all great. Out of all the Floyd albums, The Wall has the greatest amount of songs I totally love. What their best album is, idk.

EH GUYS, HOW ABOUT SUM MEDDLE?
Meddle is the album people call their favorite just to look cool and edgy. I like it nonetheless.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on March 14, 2008, 07:16:29 PM
What their best album is, idk.

I accept either Wish You Were Here or Animals, since they're tied for me.

sans culottes

It's a question man will never know the answer to.

My top three are DSOTM, The Wall, and Meddle.
I support BUSH

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 07:12:15 PM
I could never bring myself to call The Wall "fucking amazing." DSOTM is a damn good album, but The Wall needs some trimming down big time. And maybe it's just me, but listening to Waters whine so much gets annoying after a while. It's a good album, but they've got much better work.
Part of the concept but yes, I agree the Wall isn't ever going to be seem as amazing in my eyes unless I'm watching the movie on a sick ass stereo.

ncba93ivyase

Overrated doesn't equate to bad.

But yes, they're up along with kiss and led zeppelin

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

sans culottes

lol, kiss.

I could never get into Kiss. They seem more image than music.

I remember years ago when I saw Kiss come on TV and I assumed they'd be some kind of metal band or whatever (this is before I gave a rat's about music) and then I heard them play Rock N' Roll All Night (song I was familiar with) and I was just like "LOLWUT?".
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on March 15, 2008, 07:25:02 AM
Overrated doesn't equate to bad.

But yes, they're up along with kiss and led zeppelin

Apparently you don't know shit about music.

Kiss is a joke. They had a few catchy yet obnoxious hits and the rest of their music is pretty much utter shit. They're overrated, but they also just plain suck, unlike Zeppelin and Floyd.

Go Up