July 02, 2024, 11:36:36 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

More metal like this plz

Started by Daddy, March 13, 2008, 03:42:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://boyah.net/JMV290/songplzshadow1.mp3[/mp3]
While the song is a rap song, the chorus is not. 

i linked steal to the people in the song and he suggest some megadeath and shadows fall.  I downloaded Megadeath and liked it.  The albums by Shadows Fall are still downloading, so I don't know how they are yet.

So, suggest more songs like the chorus of the embedded song plz

luv, jmv

edit:aaaaaaaaaa mp3 player isn't working.

Here is a direct link http://boyah.net/JMV290/songplzshadow1.mp3
edit edit: now it is, but i'll keep the link just in case

Selkie

Be sure you get Megadeth's Rust in Peace. it's the greatest metal album to ever exist.

Anyway, I guess also try some Judas Priest, but trying Judas Priest is like going into a room with attractive women and old saggy men blindfolded and reaching out.

I'd recommend the song Ram it Down.

OH, also, Mastodon. Get the album Blood Mountain. I will just warn you it's a little heavy, but not too heavy because I still like it and I hate too heavy.

It's a brilliant album.

The artist formally known

Eh, I don't really like Shadows Fall and Megadeth is pretty cool but there is so much better stuff out there.

Opeth for one.
Seriously, try Opeth's Ghost Reveries and once it comes out, Watershed. I'd suggest my favorite album Blackwater Park but most people don't like it the first time they hear it and most people fucking love Ghost Reveries the first time they hear it.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Selkie on March 13, 2008, 03:50:27 PM
Be sure you get Megadeth's Rust in Peace. it's the greatest metal album to ever exist.

What the fuck is wrong with you? befuddlement

Houdini

So far, no one has suggested any rap metal. Naturally, Rage Against the Machine is essential.

Daddy

Quote from: Houdini on March 13, 2008, 05:21:37 PM
So far, no one has suggested any rap metal. Naturally, Rage Against the Machine is essential.
Any songs that you'd suggest?  I've heard a few but Zach de la Rocha's voice isn't something that I enjoyed in them.  doodthing;

The instrumentals were great, but I didn't enjoy the vocals.  It might have just been those songs though.

Quote from: JMV on March 13, 2008, 05:39:30 PM
Any songs that you'd suggest?  I've heard a few but Zach de la Rocha's voice isn't something that I enjoyed in them.  doodthing;

The instrumentals were great, but I didn't enjoy the vocals.  It might have just been those songs though.
The vocals are the only thing I extremely enjoy. The instruments are good, but the vocals man, the vocals.

Houdini

Quote from: JMV on March 13, 2008, 05:39:30 PM

All of their stuff is good, but vocal-wise, The Battle of Los Angeles and Evil Empire are the best. You may as well pirate all of their albums, because they only have four.

Selkie

Quote from: Jesus Christ on March 13, 2008, 04:58:28 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you? befuddlement

?

Hangar 18?
Five Magics?
Holy Wars?
Lucretia?
Tornado of Souls?
Poison Was the Cure?

What's wrong with ME?

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Selkie on March 14, 2008, 12:19:39 PM
?

Hangar 18?
Five Magics?
Holy Wars?
Lucretia?
Tornado of Souls?
Poison Was the Cure?

What's wrong with ME?
Yes, what's wrong with you?

Rust in Peace =/= Best metal album ever

Houdini

Quote from: Jesus Christ on March 14, 2008, 12:31:25 PM
Yes, what's wrong with you?

Rust in Peace =/= Best metal album ever
If Rust in Peace isn't the best metal album ever, then what is?

Quote from: Houdini on March 14, 2008, 01:55:15 PM
If Rust in Peace isn't the best metal album ever, then what is?
Thats all an opinion and you'd probably disagree with me when I say Wintersun (Not saying Blackwater Park because thats too predictable of me.)

Seriously, that album is a fucking masterpiece

sans culottes

My choice for best metal album is proabably Powerslave, Ride The Lightning or Paranoid, but that's very arguable.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 14, 2008, 07:08:09 PM
My choice for best metal album is proabably Powerslave, Ride The Lightning or Paranoid, but that's very arguable.
Yes, its. Master of Puppets takes superiority over Ride the Lightning.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 14, 2008, 07:09:41 PM
Yes, its. Master of Puppets takes superiority over Ride the Lightning.

I prefer RtL and Kill 'Em All.

Master of Puppets is great, but I like the previous two albums better. MoP is generally all good songs, but RtL has more songs that I love (Creeping Death and For Whom The Bell Tolls are just plain awesome). I've noticed how albums can be that way, one album has fucking awesome songs and a few weak points, whereas the other is consistently great. bleh.

And I love the rawness of Kill 'Em All.
I support BUSH

Go Up