October 05, 2024, 09:27:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BRAWL - which method will you use more

Started by Feynman, March 08, 2008, 11:15:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

huh

Wii Remote (sideways)
1 (3.1%)
Wii Remote + Nunchuk
7 (21.9%)
Classic Controller
4 (12.5%)
Gamecube
20 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Go Down

Full Metal Ryder

Quote from: Bassir C. on March 08, 2008, 02:25:00 PM
how so
The lack of analog control is a huge turn off for me.The buttons are all cramped, and no matter what using the plus and minus buttons during smash(a game about frame by frame gameplay) doesn't seem that cool.Though it has that traditional fighter charm too it, I probably won't use it.

Hiro

Quote from: Cameron the Smash Fag on March 08, 2008, 02:40:01 PM
The lack of analog control is a huge turn off for me.The buttons are all cramped, and no matter what using the plus and minus buttons during smash(a game about frame by frame gameplay) doesn't seem that cool.Though it has that traditional fighter charm too it, I probably won't use it.
Well, I don't know if it will rule or suck. Just have to try and see.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kazanova on March 08, 2008, 12:56:19 PM
How are Wavebirds stupid? doodthing;
Because I grew to hate them when I went over to my friends' houses, who had wavebirds, and then having to scour their house for batteries because the controller was dead. Then we'd end up sitting 5 feet away from the console anyways, defeating any purpose the wavebird might serve aside from not tangling cords. They were also very clunky in comparison with the standard controller, which I didn't really appreciate.

But other than that I appreciate their usefulness

mariofreak

wiimote with nunchuk and if i dont like it then gcn

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 08, 2008, 03:23:45 PM
Because I grew to hate them when I went over to my friends' houses, who had wavebirds, and then having to scour their house for batteries because the controller was dead. Then we'd end up sitting 5 feet away from the console anyways, defeating any purpose the wavebird might serve aside from not tangling cords. They were also very clunky in comparison with the standard controller, which I didn't really appreciate.

But other than that I appreciate their usefulness

Wavebirds take a really long time to kill their batteries, so that first thing is hardly an issue. And it's not the Wavebird's fault that your friend and his/her family can't keep track of batteries.

They're not clunky at all. They're almost exactly the same as the normal ones. doodthing;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kazanova on March 08, 2008, 06:37:27 PM
Wavebirds take a really long time to kill their batteries, so that first thing is hardly an issue. And it's not the Wavebird's fault that your friend and his/her family can't keep track of batteries.

They're not clunky at all. They're almost exactly the same as the normal ones. doodthing;

THEY HAVE NO RUMBLE FUNCTIONALITY.
wired GCN controller>>>>waveburd

Samus Aran

Quote from: HUNTER TECTRON on March 08, 2008, 06:40:42 PM

Rumble is virtually useless.

Full Metal Ryder

Quote from: HUNTER TECTRON on March 08, 2008, 06:40:42 PM
Rumble is pointless.

Oh, and Kyle, the wavebird has approximately 80 hrs of life. O_0

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kazanova on March 08, 2008, 06:41:33 PM
Rumble is virtually useless.
So is a controller being wireless.

Or maybe both are subjective, idk.

Full Metal Ryder

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 08, 2008, 06:47:01 PM
So is a controller being wireless.

Not entirely,  don't get tangled, and they generally last longer then corded, if you have a large room you can move around.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Cameron the Smash Fag on March 08, 2008, 06:48:48 PM
Not entirely,  don't get tangled, and they generally last longer then corded, if you have a large room you can move around.
- Small luxury
- I've never broken a corded controller
- Why would I be moving around while playing a game

Trini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 08, 2008, 06:52:59 PM
- Small luxury
- I've never broken a corded controller
- Why would I be moving around while playing a game

It's still a luxury

Good for you.

I think he meant that you can move to other, possibly more comfortable places of the room, before you play. 
[CENTER][/center]

Squirtlejazz

Probably Gamecube or Classis, they are both very similar
iSnake

YPrrrr

Quote from: Trini on March 08, 2008, 06:55:37 PM
It's still a luxury

Good for you.

I think he meant that you can move to other, possibly more comfortable places of the room, before you play. 
If it's a luxury, that just means it's an extra unnecessary feature. So saying it's more than a small one really doesn't do a whole lot. psyduck; It just further re-iterates my point that wirelessness is about as important as rumble.

Trini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 08, 2008, 07:20:49 PM
If it's a luxury, that just means it's an extra unnecessary feature. So saying it's more than a small one really doesn't do a whole lot. psyduck; It just further re-iterates my point that wirelessness is about as important as rumble.

You can trip over wires, and end up breaking your controllers and other things like that. It happens.

Rumble isn't convenient like a wireless controller is.
[CENTER][/center]

Go Up