June 30, 2024, 02:58:14 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HOLY SHIT YES

Started by Snorkel, February 29, 2008, 02:53:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

I just read that Guillermo Del Toro (director of Pan's Labyrinth) is doing a film adaption of Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness... THIS WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER

It will be like Pan's Labyrinth, except without the Spanish Civil War, and with more awesome, and more intense imagery (I'd assume).

Tentative 2010 release date, though.  :(

Placebo Headwound

I should probably watch Pan's Labyrinth. befuddlement

Daddy

Socks

Samus Aran

Socks

Quote from: Kazarus on February 29, 2008, 10:46:05 PM
Um, no it didn't. 

Yes it did, the trailers looked better than the movie; the latter was just Spanish gibberish with nice costumes and a shitty story line.

Snorkel

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 08:13:53 AM
Yes it did, the trailers looked better than the movie; the latter was just Spanish gibberish with nice costumes and a shitty story line.

You're retarded. psyduck;

YPrrrr

Yes it did, the trailers looked better than the movie;
Sounds like Bridge to Taribithia

Don't know if the trailers were better, but the movie was really different from the commercials

Samus Aran

Spanish gibberish? You can't handle subtitles? doodthing;

And the story line was great, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It was one of the best movies in recent years.

Selkie

More like Spanish dialogue...

Also, the story wasn't supposed to be anything groundbreaking. If you paid more attention to the story than the actual visuals and presentation, you missed the point of the movie.

Socks

Quote from: Kazarus on March 01, 2008, 12:19:19 PM
And the story line was great, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It was one of the best movies in recent years.

The story was crap, not original and poorly portrayed, you're not supposed to have the entire movie figured out before it's fully done, and that ending, at least they tried. Also, best movies in years? You must be kidding...

As for the other comment; so you go to movies to watch the visual effects more than the acting and story line? Ok I'll definitely take your opinion seriously now.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 08:42:17 PM
The story was crap, not original and poorly portrayed, you're not supposed to have the entire movie figured out before it's fully done, and that ending, at least they tried. Also, best movies in years? You must be kidding...

Originality in cinema? Sir, it has originality, but you can't be asking for much when it's basically a fairytale, albeit a dark one.

Also, no, I wasn't kidding. I really liked it a lot.

Title27GT

Go Up