October 14, 2024, 12:11:45 PM

1,531,331 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Knockin' on Heaven's (or Hell's) door

Started by Samus Aran, February 26, 2008, 03:22:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Man I'm making a lot of threads this morning.  doodthing;

So anyway, I was just sitting here listening to Bob Dylan's classic "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and I began thinking of times that I might have died but didn't.

I recall one time that I almost fell off the bridge in town. The water was particularly low that summer, so falling would've at least caused a fair injury. I was only 8, and I was running on the bridge happily because I had unscrewed the cap on a Mountain Dew bottle and discovered that, oh my god, I was a winner of a free Mountain Dew. Simple prizes seem so much cooler when you're young, right? Anyway, I was holding the cap in one hand and the bottle in the other, and somehow I ended up dropping the cap off the bridge (I must've been swinging my arms or something). I was stupid enough to reach over the ledge, and leaned too far over. I started falling, I guess, but my mom (she was walking behind me) grabbed my waist and managed to pull me back up.

Other than that, my only "near-death experience" was my birth, because my umbilical cord was too short. That made it so I couldn't be delivered normally, but also caused some other weird thing that apparently endangered my life, so says my dad. My mom had to get an emergency c-section to get me out.

So guys, have you had any near-death experiences?  doodella;

6M69I69B9

Umm...

No... The closest I was to death was when... I was 6. My sister was having a birthday party. Some kid kicks this ball ALL THE WAY TO THE FUCKING ROOF. (Very high.) So, I went up the stairs and found the ball almost going over the ledge. As I run to take the ball, I found that there wasn't even a fence to block people from falling off of the roof. As I looked down the ledge, I saw many cars and I was scared like fuck.

God, I'm such a dumbass.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on February 26, 2008, 03:56:21 AM
one time i was walkin' into the grand canyon and i had to poop so i shat on the trail people came by while i was doing it and there weren't enough leaves to use I WOULD HAVE KILLED MYSELF gonk;

And how is that a near-death experience?

You're trying hard to keep that rank.

Nyerp

Quote from: Kazarus on February 26, 2008, 04:02:31 AM
And how is that a near-death experience?

You're trying hard to keep that rank.

There was this one time I rode a scooter down a hill and I flew a couple feet and landed on my arm.

That's the only one I got.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Nyerp on February 26, 2008, 04:10:42 AM
There was this one time I rode a scooter down a hill and I flew a couple feet and landed on my arm.

That's the only one I got.
That's not even close...

Well... I'm off to take a shower.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Wrench

I was in a Florida hotel on vacation. Was playing with those sinker ring toys in the nice shallow section. I was 8 at the time. Well I accidentally toss one in the deep end and am like " gonk;". I go after it anyway, grab it, and start heading up when I accidentally bump it on the ladder to get back up. Without gathering my breath, I go back after it. I'm about halfway down when I can barely breathe. The water was 6 feet so I couldn't stand. I had to swim across the whole pool so I can stand in the shallow. Once I made it to the shallow, I couldn't stop breathing incredibly fast. I was even crying a bit. Thus the reason I am terrified of water.

V

I've had a gun pulled out on me.  O_0

Other than that, not really.

Socks

When I was young me and my cousin, we were 7 and 9, respectively, found my uncle's gun under the dresser that he kept it in. My cousin started playing with it and he accidentally presses down on the trigger while we were both looking at it. I heard it make a click at the time and then the trigger sort of seized up as I can remember my cousin trying to move it. Anyway, we put it back and think nothing of it at the time as we were young and didn't know WTF had happened. When I tell my uncle years later that me and my cousin had found his gun that day etcĆ¢ā,¬Ā¦ He goes pale and says that he found the gun jammed that day and that he realizes now it must have misfired when my cousin pressed on the trigged. FYI, the safety had been off and there was half a clip in it, apparently. Needless to say I was in fucking shock for a few days after that bit of information.

Daddy

I was driving and some one ran a red light and nearly hit me.  I'm sure that if I had not hit the brakes I probably would have been killed; they were going faster than most cards do on the highway.

Socks

Quote from: V on February 26, 2008, 11:24:19 AM
I've had a gun pulled out on me.

Other than that, not really.

Those fucking clowns, they should try that when you hit 21.

Nyerp

Quote from: Original_MIB on February 26, 2008, 04:11:59 AM
That's not even close...

Well... I'm off to take a shower.

My arm fractured, it could have been my neck or skull. AMAZING

KonohaShinobi

Am I the only one that though he was referring to the Cowboy Bebop movie? :D

Kalahari Inkantation

February 26, 2008, 01:22:59 PM #12 Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:27:19 PM by HUNTER TECTRON
We got into a car accident once, and the out-of-control car slammed into my side of our car. Had the hit been slightly more powerful, I could've been crushed. doodthing;
Luckily, my leg was the only thing that was injured, and even then it was only a few bumps and bruises.

ncba93ivyase

TOO BAD DEATH DIDN'T GO ALL THE WAY.

And aside from being plagued with disease that I really shouldn't have lived through as a wee loli, no.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Some dumb fuck bitch tit swerved into our lane going about 65 to pass the car in front of him and came about a second away from slamming head-on into us.

Go Up