June 30, 2024, 02:21:22 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

tom petty or rush

Started by sans culottes, February 25, 2008, 05:56:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

guys i have a question.

should i

A) Go see Rush in April
B) Go See Tom Petty in August

I might go to both if the sum of the two won't cost too much. Still, what do you guys think of these guys live, and shit.
I support BUSH

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Houdini

I'm seeing Rush for the second time in April. I once went to a festival a festival that Tom Petty was playing at and decided to go home early rather than watch his set. Do the math.

UnagiPower

Samus Aran

I love them both, but from what I hear, Rush puts on more an enjoyable performance. Maybe Petty was awesome back when he and the Heartbreakers were still together and at their prime, but I dunno, he's just not as appealing anymore...live, that is.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazarus on February 25, 2008, 06:18:05 PM
I love them both, but from what I hear, Rush puts on more an enjoyable performance. Maybe Petty was awesome back when he and the Heartbreakers were still together and at their prime, but I dunno, he's just not as appealing anymore...live, that is.
Even if you don't like Rush, they still put on an entertaining show. For a bunch of fifty-year-old dudes, they sure have a lot energy.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazarus on February 25, 2008, 06:18:05 PM

they still are together... unless you nu dat and wer sayin sumtin els lol.

See, here's the thing. I'm a bigger fan of Petty than of Rush. And I've also heard that Tom Petty is a great live performer. But when I saw the Superbowl I kinda lost hope. I still am considering going because I'd like to see him before he's over the hill, but I mean, the Stones are in their mid 60s and they've still got live energy!

For some reason Tom Petty seems like the kind've concert you'd go on a date to.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 06:30:52 PM
they still are together... unless you nu dat and wer sayin sumtin els lol.

Oh, I thought they were still split up and only got together for a live show now and then.

Chicks dig Tom Petty.

Houdini

It's generally not a good idea to go on a date to a concert.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazarus on February 25, 2008, 06:32:43 PM
Oh, I thought they were still split up and only got together for a live show now and then.

Nope. Tom just decided to make a 'solo' album (despite the fact that Mike Campbell was very very very involved with all his 'solo' albums and the rest of the heartbreakers were involved too). He's always been with the heartbreakers.
QuoteChicks dig Tom Petty.

I'm totally taking a girl to a Petty show one day.
Quote from: Houdini on February 25, 2008, 06:43:09 PM
It's generally not a good idea to go on a date to a concert.

Not a Slayer concert. A Tom Petty show.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 06:44:52 PM
Not a Slayer concert. A Tom Petty show.
Well, I guess it would be okay if you're not the romantic type. However, if you want to break up with your girlfriend, bringing her to a Slayer concert would be fun, effective, and hilarious, plus it would make a great story.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on February 25, 2008, 06:49:50 PM
Well, I guess it would be okay if you're not the romantic type.

Depends on the band, of course. If the band in question is like your girlfriend's favorite but you don't really like them, then that's awfully nice of you.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazarus on February 25, 2008, 06:51:32 PM
Depends on the band, of course. If the band in question is like your girlfriend's favorite but you don't really like them, then that's awfully nice of you.
If the band in question is your girlfriend's favorite but you don't really like them, use the opportunity to take a nice, long nap.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on February 25, 2008, 06:59:03 PM
If the band in question is your girlfriend's favorite but you don't really like them, use the opportunity to take a nice, long nap.

But then she'd get mad at me. doodthing;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Petty. His voice still holds up nicely despite his age  (and his new beard......). I'm seeing him  this summer as well.

Go Up