October 12, 2024, 04:23:18 PM

1,531,327 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I screwed up

Started by Feynman, February 25, 2008, 10:59:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

Last night I slept with the uncomfortability of knowing that I have to wake up in the usual early morning to get ready and go to school, and so I couldn't get to sleep with the horrid thought of going back to that well-disguised psychological concentration camp 'till about 3AM. Hours later, my eyes open to the sound of my sisters fighting over who goes to the bathroom first, and I realize it's time to get ready. After getting all dressed up, smelling good, and packing up last minute, my mother tells me to turn on the car and throws me the keys. I notice that the remote-thing is conveniently broken, so I have to use the actual key to open the door.

I go to the car, place the key into the door, twist it every direction to find out which way to open it, get inside, and turn on the car. As I close the door to go to the other side so I could sit in the passenger seat, I notice--"oops", the car door automatically locks after removing the key out of the door and so the keys were stuck inside the car while the car was running.

We had to wait an hour for my uncle to come and use his macho know-everything-ness to get the door to open with some help from my neighbor with a twisted coat hanger. At this time, my father comes back from work to take me to school, and I tell him "I'd rather not go than go late" because I had already changed.

I went back to sleep and just woke up. Goddammit, I don't screw up often, but I hate when it happens.

V

Just one of those days.  >.<

Daddy

Feynman

Socks

Quote from: steal on February 25, 2008, 11:07:00 AM
I fell two feet from a tree last weekend and now my doctor's telling me I'll get arthritis in my ankle in old age because I damaged some cartilage. One stupid little mistake is going to be hurting me for the rest of my life. :'(

As someone would post...

As for Bassir, shit happens. I've had to ask my old man on more than one occasion to do the same thing your uncle did.

Selkie

hahahhahaha

When I was about 6 I was sitting in the passenger side while me and my mom were waiting for my sister in the school parking lot, and I was playing with the keys, and for some reason I impulsively put the key into the glove compartment key hole, locked it, put the keys in the glove compartment, and closed it, all in one nice little impulsive motion.

We had this girl and her razor blade 5-inch-long nails pry open the glove compartment. Don't exactly know how she did it or why her nails were that long, but yeah.

Squirtlejazz

Haven't done something that stupid yet.
iSnake

Feynman

Quote from: Selkie on February 25, 2008, 12:24:24 PM
hahahhahaha

When I was about 6 I was sitting in the passenger side while me and my mom were waiting for my sister in the school parking lot, and I was playing with the keys, and for some reason I impulsively put the key into the glove compartment key hole, locked it, put the keys in the glove compartment, and closed it, all in one nice little impulsive motion.

We had this girl and her razor blade 5-inch-long nails pry open the glove compartment. Don't exactly know how she did it or why her nails were that long, but yeah.

When I was six, I was playing around in the driver's seat of my father's Lincoln Town Car and began to drive it in reverse yards away. Luckily, I didn't hit anything, the passenger seats were filled with children.

Trini

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 25, 2008, 12:40:10 PM
When I was six, I was playing around in the driver's seat of my father's Lincoln Town Car and began to drive it in reverse yards away. Luckily, I didn't hit anything, the passenger seats were filled with children.

Reminds me of a news story about a child that took his grandma's car, and attempted to drive to Applebee's.

He backed up into a light pole on the other side of the street.  goonish
[CENTER][/center]

ncba93ivyase

you also screwed up when you deleted dix

The background file was bgani.gif. Copy the default SAF theme and modify the red or something to include the background.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

wawi

Thats happened to me twice. One time it was in downtown Detroit  wry

Claquesous

One time I was waiting in the car to go to school while my mom was inside getting her stuff together. All of a sudden the car started rolling backwards, but the hill had very little decline, thankfully. I jumped out and started yelling. Mom came out and asked where the car was, and I pointed to where it stopped at a wooden pole. She said she heard me yelling from the inside, but she though I was singing the Pokemon theme song.

And my dad locked the keys in his car two or three times, one time while on a ferry while we were on a field trip.

Feynman

Quote from: Claquesous on February 25, 2008, 03:21:24 PM
One time I was waiting in the car to go to school while my mom was inside getting her stuff together. All of a sudden the car started rolling backwards, but the hill had very little decline, thankfully. I jumped out and started yelling. Mom came out and asked where the car was, and I pointed to where it stopped at a wooden pole. She said she heard me yelling from the inside, but she though I was singing the Pokemon theme song.

Assuming you had the keys, I would've driven the car back up the hill... driving isn't really hard.

Socks

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 25, 2008, 03:38:26 PM
... driving isn't really hard.

The physical act is not, but driving properly and being a good driver are.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Socks on February 25, 2008, 04:22:30 PM
The physical act is not, but driving properly and being a good driver are.
Really?

Go Up